Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

So of the four teams that have accomplished this impressive feat, we might be the least impressive?

You are gone for weeks and this is all you can come up with? Your trolling skills are slipping.

We are the least impressive 9-10 win per year team.

So of the four teams that have accomplished this impressive feat, we might be the least impressive?

You are gone for weeks and this is all you can come up with? Your trolling skills are slipping.

I personally can't complain too much about a team that wins 10 games with regularity. But I have low standards maybe...

The point is, people bandy around statistics sometimes that make it seem like Nebraska is in far more elite company than it actually is. Alabama, Oregon, Boise? I love Nebraska and all but we haven't been in the same league under Bo's tenure. It's invalid to suggest so. 6 years without a BCS bowl appearance doesn't place Bo's Huskers (for all their admirable qualities over the years) with any of the top teams in the country over the last half decade plus.

We've been pretty regularly a marginal Top 25 team. How bad or good that is is open to interpretation.

You guys really are delusional...

Are you delusional? What's the record of the team's we beat?

Our wins this season came vs teams with a combined record of 19-41 (SDSU was left off as they are FCS) 6 teams, 19 wins, and 7 belong to Mich. The other 5 have 12 wins.

Our losses came vs teams with 25-5 combined record.

The thing about those 9 win season is who did we beat. I think I just read that within our 7 wins we have beaten one winning team. What does that say. Comparing us to the others is not realistic. We have won the games, but most of them are like beating on a 7 year old, defenseless, and scheduled to be that way.. I know Boise, has some gimmes to, but they play with the big boys on occasion and normally fair pretty well. We never seem to.

I think all of us want the same things so to speak, rather than beating on each other about how we think or feel, could we get the real scoop on when and how things are going to change. I hear well our recruiting is better, but that is about the end of the explanation. So in other words the answer, is set an wait. How long do we wait? I have seen improvement in the defense, but is that defensive limit going to be near an elite team, or just competitive in the Big 10. There really are not any elite teams in the Big 10. Ohio State has not prove how good they are in relationship to top programs as they have not played any. They have beaten up on a group of less than stellar programs, except possibly Wisconsin. How close this year they to elite will be decided in the bowl game along with Ohio State.

I personally can't complain too much about a team that wins 10 games with regularity. But I have low standards maybe...

The point is, people bandy around statistics sometimes that make it seem like Nebraska is in far more elite company than it actually is. Alabama, Oregon, Boise? I love Nebraska and all but we haven't been in the same league under Bo's tenure. It's invalid to suggest so. 6 years without a BCS bowl appearance doesn't place Bo's Huskers (for all their admirable qualities over the years) with any of the top teams in the country over the last half decade plus.

We've been pretty regularly a marginal Top 25 team. How bad or good that is is open to interpretation.

This. Using the "look at the other teams who win 9+ games every year!" argument is disingenuous, IMO. Most people are using it to imply that we are in good company. We are not.

Having said that, I am hopeful that Bo can take this team to the level where that statement is a fair assessment of the program.

This. Using the "look at the other teams who win 9+ games every year!" argument is disingenuous, IMO. Most people are using it to imply that we are in good company. We are not.

Boise has the same record as us, plays in a sh*t conference, and got beat by 30+ points the ONE game they've played against a BCS team.