Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

We outcoached the sh#t out of that MSU team and the #1 defense in the land.

You can't put this on Bo or Beck. Sometimes, players have to make plays. Nevermind, they don't even have to make plays, they just have to not royally f*ck up.

Sure you can. They get paid a lot of money to make sure the players are adequately prepared to make those plays and do basic fundamental football things like holding onto a football.

9 wins don't mean sh#t with this strength of schedule.

9 wins might mean sh*t with these injuries.

At least we never run out of excuses for Bo. Any lack of depth certainly couldn't be his fault.

Everything is Bo's fault. No blame ever falls on a player. We showed our depth and beat a Top 15 on both sides of the ball. Hang on to the f*cking ball. Bo can't hold it for them.

Beat who? Pretty sure the scoreboard said we lost. And yes, it is his fault. He cashes the big checks, its his ass if they fail.

"He cashes the big check." I keep hearing that. How much more are we willing to pay? Because I think to get to this fantasy land most fans think they are entitled to, you are going to need to pony up a lot more money. Head coach and assistant pay. To get the same results on the recruiting trail and field, these coaches have to bust their ass more than others. You better be ready to pay.

You can't put this on Bo or Beck. Sometimes, players have to make plays. Nevermind, they don't even have to make plays, they just have to not royally f*ck up.

Sure you can. They get paid a lot of money to make sure the players are adequately prepared to make those plays and do basic fundamental football things like holding onto a football.

I suppose you can, but you'd be wrong.

"He cashes the big check." I keep hearing that. How much more are we willing to pay? Because I think to get to this fantasy land most fans think they are entitled to, you are going to need to pony up a lot more money. Head coach and assistant pay. To get the same results on the recruiting trail and field, these coaches have to bust their ass more than others. You better be ready to pay.

Then pony up. We didnt get many serious interview options in 2007 because TO didn't want to pay top dollar. We want to win big, then pay big. For what we expect $3.5mil for HC and another $3mil+ for assistants if needs be.

Then pony up. We didnt get many serious interview options in 2007 because TO didn't want to pay top dollar. We want to win big, then pay big. For what we expect $3.5mil for HC and another $3mil+ for assistants if needs be.

Bo was pretty much the top candidate in 2007.

I suppose you can, but you'd be wrong.

So it's not the job of the head coach at Nebraska to prepare his team and teach fundamentals? This university really needs to revise the job description if that's the case.

There were only 35 teams out of 125 last year to win 9+ games. It isn't as easy as people perceive it to be.

Every year we have 5-6 pud games that we essentially just have to show up for to win. Was it always this way? Not quite. But we are in the Big 10 now. Losing less than 9 games this year would be an utter flop.

I would say anything less than 10-2 to 11-1 regular season is a flop considering the epic suckness of the B1G this season. We also do not play the two best teams in the B1G this season.

Name the realistic candidate that would be better than Bo.

Ah yes the "who can we get that is better" card that is pulled out often when showing just how mediocre we have become. The beauty is neither of us know what is realistic. We have done this before EZ I give a list and you tell me it isn't realistic someone making you feel like you have a point. IMO

James Franklin

Petrino

Tressel

Moglia with the highest paid assistants in the NCAA for starters.

Luckily I am not a coaching search firm nor the AD that makes these decisions.

• Fire 1

Bo was pretty much the top candidate in 2007.

No one should look back on the hiring of Bo and question it, it was the wisest call at the time from the knowledge we had.

There were only 35 teams out of 125 last year to win 9+ games. It isn't as easy as people perceive it to be.

Every year we have 5-6 pud games that we essentially just have to show up for to win. Was it always this way? Not quite. But we are in the Big 10 now. Losing less than 9 games this year would be an utter flop.

I would say anything less than 10-2 to 11-1 regular season is a flop considering the epic suckness of the B1G this season. We also do not play the two best teams in the B1G this season.

Name the realistic candidate that would be better than Bo.

Ah yes the "who can we get that is better" card that is pulled out often when showing just how mediocre we have become. The beauty is neither of us know what is realistic. We have done this before EZ I give a list and you tell me it isn't realistic someone making you feel like you have a point. IMO

James Franklin

Petrino

Tressel

Moglia with the highest paid assistants in the NCAA for starters.

Luckily I am not a coaching search firm nor the AD that makes these decisions.

Thank God!

• Fire 1

Bo was not the top candidate, hell we interviewed Gill and Bo you really think we went for a home run hire? We took the cheap route because TO thought he could mold bo into something he isn't.

Who else was available at the time? Houston F'ing Nutt? I'm not going to question the call at the time, it seemed smart, it's what the fanbase was clamoring for from what I can recall.

Bo was not the top candidate, hell we interviewed Gill and Bo you really think we went for a home run hire? We took the cheap route because TO thought he could mold bo into something he isn't.

Who else was available at the time? Houston F'ing Nutt? I'm not going to question the call at the time, it seemed smart, it's what the fanbase was clamoring for from what I can recall.

There was too much emphasis put on having Nebraska ties, and thus no interviews with coaches who did not coach here previously.

I'm sure there were no other qualified coaches in either college or the NFL who would have been interested in interviewing. Its a cop out answer

True, Bo cannot be held fully responsible for turnovers on the field, but he and his coaching staff can be held responsible for putting the players in the right position to make plays. Here are some of my gripes: 1) Ameer Abdullah, we love you, but why do you need a blow after the second play...geez that is on the strength and conditioning coach. 2) Special Teams... or the not so Special Teams. Get a full-time coach! It seemed to be better when JP had that responsibility. 3) QB play! Get a full-time QB coach, one that can teach the details of the game, how to throw a football, how to manage the game, and how to not put the ball on the turf every other series of downs. On the bright side, the D has made some marked improvements only to be weakened by an offense that can't seem to hold onto the football. In my opinion, this season should have been a cake-walk, and it would have been had we been clicking in at least two of the three phases of the game (Offense, Defense, Special Teams). Oddly enough, we have only had one phase clicking every game this season, except maybe a few of the cupcakes early in the season. I believe NU will need to make some type of changes within the coaching staff at year-end or we will only see this program fall deeper into mediocrity.

There was too much emphasis put on having Nebraska ties, and thus no interviews with coaches who did not coach here previously.

I'm sure there were no other qualified coaches in either college or the NFL who would have been interested in interviewing. Its a cop out answer

Callahan and Perderdouche had completely crapped all over Nebraska's tradition, it was something that needed repairing. Hindsight is 20/20 anyways.