Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

9 wins don't mean sh#t with this strength of schedule.

9 wins might mean sh*t with these injuries.

At least we never run out of excuses for Bo. Any lack of depth certainly couldn't be his fault.

Everything is Bo's fault. No blame ever falls on a player. We showed our depth and beat a Top 15 on both sides of the ball. Hang on to the f*cking ball. Bo can't hold it for them.

• Fire 1

So of the four teams that have accomplished this impressive feat, we might be the least impressive?

You are gone for weeks and this is all you can come up with? Your trolling skills are slipping.

I personally can't complain too much about a team that wins 10 games with regularity. But I have low standards maybe...

The point is, people bandy around statistics sometimes that make it seem like Nebraska is in far more elite company than it actually is. Alabama, Oregon, Boise? I love Nebraska and all but we haven't been in the same league under Bo's tenure. It's invalid to suggest so. 6 years without a BCS bowl appearance doesn't place Bo's Huskers (for all their admirable qualities over the years) with any of the top teams in the country over the last half decade plus.

We've been pretty regularly a marginal Top 25 team. How bad or good that is is open to interpretation.

This. Using the "look at the other teams who win 9+ games every year!" argument is disingenuous, IMO. Most people are using it to imply that we are in good company. We are not.

Boise has the same record as us, plays in a sh*t conference, and got beat by 30+ points the ONE game they've played against a BCS team.

This year sure. But they won a BCS bowl. We play in a sh**ty conference too buddy. I still think the Big 12 is better.

At least we never run out of excuses for Bo. Any lack of depth certainly couldn't be his fault.

Everything is Bo's fault. No blame ever falls on a player. We showed our depth and beat a Top 15 on both sides of the ball. Hang on to the f*cking ball. Bo can't hold it for them.

If someone blames the players they get called out by people like you, so I'd rather bitch about the guy making 3 mil a year rather than guys that are trying to play, practice and go to class.

So of the four teams that have accomplished this impressive feat, we might be the least impressive?

You are gone for weeks and this is all you can come up with? Your trolling skills are slipping.

I personally can't complain too much about a team that wins 10 games with regularity. But I have low standards maybe...

The point is, people bandy around statistics sometimes that make it seem like Nebraska is in far more elite company than it actually is. Alabama, Oregon, Boise? I love Nebraska and all but we haven't been in the same league under Bo's tenure. It's invalid to suggest so. 6 years without a BCS bowl appearance doesn't place Bo's Huskers (for all their admirable qualities over the years) with any of the top teams in the country over the last half decade plus.

We've been pretty regularly a marginal Top 25 team. How bad or good that is is open to interpretation.

This. Using the "look at the other teams who win 9+ games every year!" argument is disingenuous, IMO. Most people are using it to imply that we are in good company. We are not.

Boise has the same record as us, plays in a sh*t conference, and got beat by 30+ points the ONE game they've played against a BCS team.

This year sure. But they won a BCS bowl. We play in a sh**ty conference too buddy. I still think the Big 12 is better.

They lucked into only one BCS bowl in a sh*t conference and won on two trick plays. Congratulations. Are you comparing their conference, who I can't even name off the top of my head, to the Big Ten?

You often hear people mention how we are one of 4 teams to win 9+ games the last 5 seasons. They mention our company of Alabama, Oregon and Boise St. I figured we would take a closer look at these numbers and see if they still stack up

Alabama

3 National Championships

2 Conference Titles

4 BCS bowl appearances

Final Rank 6,1,10,1,1

Oregon

1 National Title Appearance

3 Conference Titles

4 BCS bowl appearances

Final Rank 10,11,3,4,2

Boise State

1 BCS bowl appearance

4 Conference Titles

1 undefeated season

Final Rank 11,4,9,8,18

Nebraska

0 BCS appearances

0 Conference Titles

Final Rank UR,14,20,24,25

To take it another step

W/L and %

Alabama 61-7 89.7%

Oregon 56-10 84.8%

Boise St 61-5 92%

Nebraska 48-20 70.5%

:thumbs

If someone blames the players they get called out by people like you, so I'd rather bitch about the guy making 3 mil a year rather than guys that are trying to play, practice and go to class.

No.. I don't believe I've seen too many people getting called out for placing blame on a player. Unless you are blaming the golden boy QB who is clearly better than TMart.

The gameplan was there. Very little more that you could do if you're Bo.

I suppose we can now claim Kellogg is the best QB on the team.

We outcoached the sh#t out of that MSU team and the #1 defense in the land.

You can't put this on Bo or Beck. Sometimes, players have to make plays. Nevermind, they don't even have to make plays, they just have to not royally f*ck up.

I'm with ya, but I also have seen this team be their own worst enemy enough times to begin questioning what in the f#*k is going on?

We outcoached the sh#t out of that MSU team and the #1 defense in the land.

You can't put this on Bo or Beck. Sometimes, players have to make plays. Nevermind, they don't even have to make plays, they just have to not royally f*ck up.

I'm with ya, but I also have seen this team be their own worst enemy enough times to begin questioning what in the f#*k is going on?

Exactly. If this was the first time we had a complete breakdown in discipline, that'd be different. But every year this team kills itself at least in one game.