Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

Ehhhhh maybe.

There are way too many things that point that he's not very good at running the entire yet still is a great X's and O's guy. And how a coach at any level in the FBS thinks is cool to eschew recruiting, especially after inheriting a 5-7 team is beyond explanation.

Human beings make mistakes. Its how we learn from those mistakes that make us the people we are. It seems he is fixing the recruiting problems he had at the beginning of his tenure. Better now then never.

Except, out of all of Bill Callahans faults, he got good guys. And he did it with crappier facilities than Bo has. Solich too.

Callahan had a bigger fault.......he forgot to win ball games.

I don't follow recruiting so my thoughts are based on opinion only.

a) Positive publicity helps recruiting in a big way ie Team Jack

b) Negative press hurts ie "The Tape"

c) Winning and looking like a modern day perennial power helps

d) losing in an embarrassing fashion hurts

e) Uncertainty in coach staff hurts. I was recruited by Coach X ad now it looks like he is gone.....

Currently, IMO, we have possible coaching changes, some negative press and the losses. We ALSO have the possibility of AA being the Doak winner, the B1G offensive player of the year and Gregory as new comer of the year. AA a possible AA? Gregory maybe? NU needs to sell and push these guys for national media attention. Something, IMO, NU fails at is the PR.

The accolades AA could receive/being mentioned for is amazing considering starting QB is out, OL is a complete wreck, KB, JT and Moore have been absent at times and no TE play. NU needs to sell this stuff.

Ehhhhh maybe.

There are way too many things that point that he's not very good at running the entire yet still is a great X's and O's guy. And how a coach at any level in the FBS thinks is cool to eschew recruiting, especially after inheriting a 5-7 team is beyond explanation.

Human beings make mistakes. Its how we learn from those mistakes that make us the people we are. It seems he is fixing the recruiting problems he had at the beginning of his tenure. Better now then never.

Except, out of all of Bill Callahans faults, he got good guys. And he did it with crappier facilities than Bo has. Solich too.

Callahan had a bigger fault.......he forgot to win ball games.

Bo will have to scramble to get a top 25 class this next cycle....this is not fixed, by any means.

• Fire 1

Its a long way until the end of the recruiting cycle. I expect, if BP is still here, for them to finish strong just like they did last year. I think he has a formula down that can be successful at Nebraska.

They are finding lots of kids that are blossoming in their senior year that were not too highly rated as Juniors. Collins and Kevin Maurice are two players to look at that are that way from last years class.

The LB commit from La is that way also, kid looks like a great player. He is a little short but so what.

Until he starts hitting the numbers, his recruiting is sub-par IMO. He'd have to get ready-to-play 4* and 5* tallent to maintain the 75-78 sholly's we currently operate on. If Alabama over signing by 2-3 a year is such an advantage for them, us undersigning by more than that is even more detrimental as we're working in that 3* range where the percentages aren't as much in our favor. That, by itself is why I've been less than impressed by Bo's recruiting. You want to win 11, you hit the numbers. He recruits quality talent, there's no doubt about that. See what we're fielding today. But think if we had another 7-10 of those guys. I'd go out on a limb and say it's another win, maybe 2 this season. The difference between having this conversation, or having conversations about how to beat Ohio State first week in December.

And as for the standard set for the next guy - being expected to win a conference championship in 2-3 years...we have no idea w/ the B1G landscape will shape up to be. Ohio State hasn't lost a game in 2 years. They might not for another 2 years. We have no idea, but we can expect them to be competitive in those big games, which by itself would put him above the standard Bo has set for this team.

Look, I am not advocating Peterson. He is not even on my short list. What my angle was is that we are going to open the wallet for our next hire when Bo is gone. Which Vegas feels is this season. EZ i get your view on all of this you think Bo and staff rock at recruiting and are these awesome people that love Nebraska and it is their dream jobs etc. We are obviously both on completely opposing sides on this and practically all things pertaining to the direction of the program.

Just curious, you've probably stated elsewhere, but who is on your short list?

1. James Franklin

2. Jim Tressel

3. Mark Hudspeth

4. Tim Deruyter

5. Bobby Wilder

6. Bobby Petrino

7. Scott Frost

8. Joe Moglia

Interesting list. I agree with Tressel, Deruyter, Petrino being good candidates. However, i would give NU about a 0% of talking to Petrino, but him and Tressel are probably the most proven names on the list. Deruyter, imo, would be a very good hire as well as he has a ton of experience, has been defense oriented, has shown a track record of success.