Two Questions About Ameer

I think he will come back. His values and upbringing would indicate that he gets his degree. However, don't under estimate him in the NFL. Not saying that he is the same, but Barry Sanders didn't have great top end speed either if I remember right. His gift was that he could move just as fast laterally as he could straight ahead. Ameer has a similar talent.

He will doubtless stay. His draft potential is nowhere near high enough to consider coming out. He is a really good college RB... but his lack of size and lack of elite speed relative to a deep RB pool eleigible for the draft would probably place him outside of the top 8-10 or so backs and, as such, not in the top 3 rounds. Making it in the NFL as a RB is brutally hard. Many excellent college RBs --- and Ameer is a excellent (or, at the very least, very good) by college standards --- but his draft potential is likely not as great as many here surmise. Think of Rex Burkhead as an example

I believe he'll stay and obviously hope he does. He is a quality player AND person.

I chuckle when I recall his recruitment and several posters voicing their opinion that he and Ron Brown wouldn't communicate because of religious "differences".

Both AA and RB are special people.

A similar player like LaMichael James (same size and weight as AA) put up better stats in college and had elite breakaway speed, only got selected late 2nd round. Also you have to factor in the attention oregon and their players get (national championship, bcs bowls, nike) which is insane compared to our team and players. Ameer is not known much across the country.

nfl scouts know about players that get little or no attention. sure the attention helps but if the player is talented enough he most likely gets found regardless how much hype he gets or doesnt get from ESPiN.

I believe he'll stay and obviously hope he does. He is a quality player AND person.

I chuckle when I recall his recruitment and several posters voicing their opinion that he and Ron Brown wouldn't communicate because of religious "differences".

Both AA and RB are special people.

They also both freaking love each other. Right you are.