Two Questions About Ameer

I think his upside is to be a mid-rounder and that's if he tests well at the combine and on his pro day. I hope he sticks around but would like to see him be more of a workhorse. If seems like drives are going well and then after a couple of carries he comes out and it all goes to hell.

He doesn't have the burst needed to be successful at the next level in my opinion. Hopefully he proves me wrong. But no, I see no way he leaves after this year unless he's real unhappy.

I think his upside is to be a mid-rounder and that's if he tests well at the combine and on his pro day. I hope he sticks around but would like to see him be more of a workhorse. If seems like drives are going well and then after a couple of carries he comes out and it all goes to hell.

He doesn't have the burst needed to be successful at the next level in my opinion. Hopefully he proves me wrong. But no, I see no way he leaves after this year unless he's real unhappy.

He'll stay but as for the burst...I agree, however in my thinking as a coach I would more likely want a guy who can make a sharp cut like he can and get to that 5+ yards each carry.

Love AA!

He'll be an NFL back, but he'll be back next season because he wants to be here, and he will have a chance to improve his stock a good deal.

I don't think he'd get drafter higher than the 3rd round, but like I said, I hope he proves me wrong. His straight line speed is bad. Everything else is good. But he's a tad small. I like the guy so I hope he stays. There's certainly potential to be really good next year, but with our staff I wouldn't be surprised to lose 5 games.

A similar player like LaMichael James (same size and weight as AA) put up better stats in college and had elite breakaway speed, only got selected late 2nd round. Also you have to factor in the attention oregon and their players get (national championship, bcs bowls, nike) which is insane compared to our team and players. Ameer is not known much across the country.

I just dont see him getting passed the 5th round if he bounces at the end of the year. If he has a good senior year, he has a shot at 2nd-3rd round at best. NFL scouts are obsessed about height. Taller RBs like TJ Yeldon will be a lock for the first round in 2015. Then comes Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, and Jeremy Hill

A similar player like LaMichael James (same size and weight as AA) put up better stats in college and had elite breakaway speed, only got selected late 2nd round. Also you have to factor in the attention oregon and their players get (national championship, bcs bowls, nike) which is insane compared to our team and players. Ameer is not known much across the country.

I just dont see him getting passed the 5th round if he bounces at the end of the year. If he has a good senior year, he has a shot at 2nd-3rd round at best. NFL scouts are obsessed about height. Taller RBs like TJ Yeldon will be a lock for the first round in 2015. Then comes Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, and Jeremy Hill

I don't think the James/Ameer comparison is a good one...James was a whole hell of a lot faster at top end speed but Ameer is a whole hell of a lot tougher and had better cut/vision in my opinion. I think James was a system player. Put Ameer on the Oregon team and he is a top 3 back in the nation. Put James on Nebraska's team and he wouldn't have near the career. But I agree with your opinion about how he should stay and improve stock.