GT: UMass vs Nebraska - 11:30AM - ESPN3

Nebraska will need to dramatically improve on the defensive side of the ball if they want to consistently compete in the B1G. The offense needs to run through Webster more than it does, and that is including when Petteway is in the game. Petteway is cleary going to be a nice player, but must learn to play within the offense. I like that Webster is starting to become more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball. Biggest take away from the game? Leslee is going to be a key part in our success this season. Played a nice game.... I think this team has the potential to get into the top 7 of the of conference, and that should get you in the tournament.

GBR!!!!

• Fire 1

Overall we didn't play too bad. UMASS is probably going to be a tourney team and we competed throughout. We had our foul troubles and role players had to step up off the bench and try for the most part did. Really encouraging that we never have up and even pulled within two points with about a minute to go. No loss is a good loss but scoring 90 is encouraging because Miles has the ability to adjust our defense if he can trust his bench players.

Meh, the call on Leslee was correct.

Disagree on this. You can't make your cut and intentionally run into a defensive player. That was basically a moving screen that got called a foul on Leslee. Shields was very unhappy with the call too.

A defensive player has the right to maintain their ground. If anything a no-call would have been appropriate....

Right now, the offense can't go through Webster because that part of his game just isn't there yet. This team will look different in February/March then what it's showing now in November/December.

An offense runs best when ran through your PG, assuming that you have a capable one. I am currently confident enough in his decision making to allow the offense to run through him. His game is ready for that. He doesn't have to score, or take 15 shots a game for the offense to run through him....

Agree with you on the way this team looks now, and how they will eventually look towards the end of the season.....

Right now, the offense can't go through Webster because that part of his game just isn't there yet. This team will look different in February/March then what it's showing now in November/December.

An offense runs best when ran through your PG, assuming that you have a capable one. I am currently confident enough in his decision making to allow the offense to run through him. His game is ready for that. He doesn't have to score, or take 15 shots a game for the offense to run through him....

Agree with you on the way this team looks now, and how they will eventually look towards the end of the season.....

I worded that wrong. It's not that he's incapable of running the offense, it's that the familiarity just isn't their yet. It will happen eventually as the team starts to gel with each other. A lot of times it looks like 5 guys playing one-on-one, which is obviously not how you want to run an offense, but by the end of December you should see more team ball as guys get comfortable. Of the starters today, only Gallegos and Shields have played together for a full season.

While Nebraska is going to have to improve defensively before the start of B1G play, I think a part of their soft defense (especially on the inside) was due to the ticky tack touch him it's a foul garbage the refs were calling. We were running out of bodies that could play down low with about 14 minutes to go in the second half.

So you either:

(1) Play tough and risk fouling out which puts a worse player offensively on the court.

-OR-

(2) Play kind of soft, don't risk fouling, and just hope they miss their shots and you make yours.

We weren't put in a very winnable situation by all the soft calls.

• Fire 1