I figured out my fear...

Amac3309

Ever since Bo was hired I have been pretty much 100% behind him, but lately I can't seem to get back to that point, and I couldn't quite figure out why, then over a cigar and a glass of whisky it donned on me, and I've figured out what holds me back from being 100% behind Bo.

The stupid tape changed everything for me, and no it wasn't the f bombs or calling out fans, it was the part about leaving for a better job. That part keeps resonating over and over in my head.

We have herd the rumors for 3 years, (i had forgot all the jobs he was linked to until i searched it, holy crap, i dont believe all of them, but where there is smoke there is fire) but that validated them for me, and since then I haven't been able to put my 100% support behind him. Its something about actually hearing someone talk about leaving for another job...

Now this may sound stupid, but I really worry that if Bo does have some more success (wins a few conf championships) and gets the chance at what he thinks is a "better" job he will bolt, leaving us in the dust and then all of the support wont be worth crap.

To me that would be a crushing blow, finally getting back behind someone fully, he gets us over the hump, and then..

Man I need a freakin shrink to get over my husker issues, ha!

:bang :bang :flush :flush

BTW here are the jobs he was "linked" to in case you forgot.

Auburn

Tennessee

Arkansas

Miami

Michigan

Ohio St

Penn St

I would think that if he gets it figured out, and wins some championships, and finally settles into the HC role, he would be more likely to stay. He would have everything in place to be competitive year in and year out. I think that if he were to leave, on his own accord, it would be sooner rather than later. Say he pulls out another 9-4 or 10-3 season, not great, but not bad either. If I were him, I would certainly consider an offer from another school after the turmoil of this season.

LMAO at anyone who thinks any BCS AQ school (aside from Kansas, Indiana, or a school from the AAC) would touch Pelini with a 100' pole. Lots of ADs out there working overtime to land walking P.R. disasters who can't lose fewer than four games per year.

I'm not saying now, but say 2 or 3 years from now and he wins a couple B1G champs, I guarantee you he would have other opportunities! People have short memories when it comes to winning, and it would be framed as look how much he has grown and matured as a head coach.

I would agree that the "tapegate" (or is it officially audiogate?) incident damaged his goodwill with more fans than may even want to acknowledge it. I still don't disagree with much of what he said about fairweather fans and I understand the feelings of frustration and anger he may have felt with certain media members or duck out early fans. My official stance is; he is/was justified to have an outburst like that (although I am confused about him being that angry immediately following such a great come from behind victory-but that's beside the point). But, that "they can kiss my ass when I'm gone" part, yeah, that is always there in the background, influencing becoming too invested in his long term prognosis.

• Fire 1

LMAO at anyone who thinks any BCS AQ school (aside from Kansas, Indiana, or a school from the AAC) would touch Pelini with a 100' pole. Lots of ADs out there working overtime to land walking P.R. disasters who can't lose fewer than four games per year.

LMAO at anyone who would post this. :ahhhhhhhh:rollin

I would agree that the "tapegate" (or is it officially audiogate?) incident damaged his goodwill with more fans than may even want to acknowledge it. I still don't disagree with much of what he said about fairweather fans and I understand the feelings of frustration and anger he may have felt with certain media members or duck out early fans. My official stance is; he is/was justified to have an outburst like that (although I am confused about him being that angry immediately following such a great come from behind victory-but that's beside the point). But, that "they can kiss my ass when I'm gone" part, yeah, that is always there in the background, influencing becoming too invested in his long term prognosis.

That's just it, I have no problems with the rest of what he said, I even agree with parts of it, that part about him leaving bugs the hell out of me

I'm not saying now, but say 2 or 3 years from now and he wins a couple B1G champs, I guarantee you he would have other opportunities! People have short memories when it comes to winning, and it would be framed as look how much he has grown and matured as a head coach.

...and if my aunt grew a penis, she'd be my uncle.

• Fire 1

...and if my aunt grew a penis, she'd be my uncle.

found a new fear......