We aren't the only team that chokes

Oregon, Baylor and A&M all lost big today to teams ranked lower than them, and you know what, you won't hear about them choking. I get so tired about the double standard between Nebraska and other high level teams. We lost to a UCLA ranked higher than us, a Minnesota team essentially playing for their coach who was ill, and lets be honest, we beat ourselves in the MSU game. I mean, we turn the ball over 5 times and they "only" beat us by 13. What has happened that people just don't have the love for our team any more..

OK rant over.

• Fire 2

Oregon, Baylor and A&M all lost big today to teams ranked lower than them, and you know what, you won't hear about them choking. I get so tired about the double standard between Nebraska and other high level teams. We lost to a UCLA ranked higher than us, a Minnesota team essentially playing for their coach who was ill, and lets be honest, we beat ourselves in the MSU game. I mean, we turn the ball over 5 times and they "only" beat us by 13. What has happened that people just don't have the love for our team any more..

OK rant over.

Nebraska is not a high level team this year.

This topic has been done to death. The fact of the matter is Nebraska "chokes" multiple times a year, this is the first time I can remember Oregon just getting cleaned out like that.

Oregon chocked twice and hard both times.

A&M choked hard twice and one close fought lose to a better opponent.

Stanford choked twice to lower tier teams (Just as bad as Nebraska or worse).

Oklahoma State choked once to a team worse than anyone Nebraska has lost to.

South Carolina has choked to a team worse than Nebraska has and another similar in caliber.

The list goes on. The difference between us and a top 15 is not much. Find a way to play complete games with less mental errors and we are going to shoot up the charts. We aren't that far away, but we need to get better.

How many times have each of those teams choked? How many times has Nebraska choked?

It can always be worse, we could be Florida.

I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that Nebraska probably wouldn't be put in a bad light like BU, ORE, and aTm won't be if we repeatedly fail to show up like we've been known to do

Florida has similar injuries to us and we continue to find a way to win. They, however, have found more teams to lose to including a FCS team.

How many times have each of those teams choked? How many times has Nebraska choked?

It can always be worse, we could be Florida.

I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that Nebraska probably wouldn't be put in a bad light like BU, ORE, and aTm won't be if we repeatedly fail to show up like we've been known to do

Florida has similar injuries to us and we continue to find a way to win. They, however, have found more teams to lose to including a FCS team.

That's all fine and dandy, but it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The OP stated that the blowout losses by Baylor, Oregon, and Texas A&M today aren't going to be talked about a whole lot and that when Nebraska loses big it's talked about a lot. All I'm saying is that we are talked about a lot when we lose because we have done it way more often than Baylor, Oregon, and Texas A&M.

We've had an okay season. Lots of injuries, but we have fought out some tough wins. I love that. Believe me, I'm as staunch of a Bo supporter as you will find on this board. But in this case, the truth is the truth.

This topic has been done to death. The fact of the matter is Nebraska "chokes" multiple times a year, this is the first time I can remember Oregon just getting cleaned out like that.

Not necessarily arguing but if Nebraska isn't as high a level of team, would we be expected to "choke" more often? :dunno

Not necessarily arguing but if Nebraska isn't as high a level of team, would we be expected to "choke" more often? :dunno

I guess in an academic sense yes.

But that doesn't eliminate the fact that it's a problem.