Scheduling and Playoffs (Hawaii rule)

The problem is the 13th game comes from playing at their place. Yes, you could be one of their regularly scheduled opponents, but I don't think that allows us to be the 13th game. The 13th game is specifically for going to Hawaii IIRC.

Right, so like USC, They played at Hawaii this year and are 9-3 on the year, but have to play UCLA next week. If they were in the hunt for a division title, they would have the Pac12 Title game AND a bowl game...if it were the playoffs, they could potentially play 16 games in one season.

The problem is the 13th game comes from playing at their place. Yes, you could be one of their regularly scheduled opponents, but I don't think that allows us to be the 13th game. The 13th game is specifically for going to Hawaii IIRC.

Right, so like USC, They played at Hawaii this year and are 9-3 on the year, but have to play UCLA next week. If they were in the hunt for a division title, they would have the Pac12 Title game AND a bowl game...if it were the playoffs, they could potentially play 16 games in one season.

You also would lose out on a bye game, which in the case of this year, was very beneficial to Nebraska.

You also would lose out on a bye game, which in the case of this year, was very beneficial to Nebraska.

I'd say sitting on our cans two weeks in October was definitely NOT beneficial.

I'd say sitting on our cans two weeks in October was definitely NOT beneficial.

Take that up with the big. We had been getting the second bye right before our friday after thanksgiving game, which we didn't get this year. Nothing you can do about that.