Corey Cooper and "the push"

Bowfin does have a point here, though. Bo's explanation doesn't really hold water.

I don't think Bo's comments really are about the Cooper play.

He found a clever way to take a shot at the BS refs using a different play. Pretty smart I think.

Cooper whiffed. Behind the scenes I'm sure he has/ will hear about it.

This comment was really about the screw job call on Ameer's TD.

Bowfin does have a point here, though. Bo's explanation doesn't really hold water.

I don't think Bo's comments really are about the Cooper play.

He found a clever way to take a shot at the BS refs using a different play. Pretty smart I think.

Cooper whiffed. Behind the scenes I'm sure he has/ will hear about it.

This comment was really about the screw job call on Ameer's TD.

That seems more likely than him actually believing what he said.

If you take this 'logic' to its natural conclusion, then we should avoid tackling or covering anyone for fear of being penalized. Instead we should simply not put a defense on the field and let the opposing team's offense just walk into the endzone any time they have the ball.

At least now we understand why tackling has been such an issue for this team, including yesterday. It makes sense. I'd much rather let them score than get a 15 yard penalty. Whew! I'm glad we have excuses for everything in this program, this was one that I thought might be inexcusable, but nope....we found one.

If you take this 'logic' to its natural conclusion, then we should avoid tackling or covering anyone for fear of being penalized. Instead we should simply not put a defense on the field and let the opposing team's offense just walk into the endzone any time they have the ball.

At least now we understand why tackling has been such an issue for this team, including yesterday. It makes sense. I'd much rather let them score than get a 15 yard penalty. Whew! I'm glad we have excuses for everything in this program, this was one that I thought might be inexcusable, but nope....we found one.

Do you have any idea how annoying you're being and have been the past week or so?

Do you have any idea how annoying you're being and have been the past week or so?

None whatsoever. Enlighten me. I just can't believe how many people watch that play and say "oh, he must have been scared to get penalized". And then Huskerboard goes...oh mmm hmmmm....that makes sense. I wouldnt tackle a guy running in for a touchdown either. You might get penalized. How do so many people just eat that crap up?

Call it what it was.....a sh#t tackle. Some of you act like its the first sh#t tackle you've seen all year? This team can't tackle well....Period. This was another example. Stop sugar coating every single issue with this team.

• Fire 3

None whatsoever. Enlighten me. I just can't believe how many people watch that play and say "oh, he must have been scared to get penalized". And then Huskerboard goes...oh mmm hmmmm....that makes sense. I wouldnt tackle a guy running in for a touchdown either. You might get penalized. How do so many people just eat that crap up?

Call it what it was.....a sh#t tackle. Some of you act like its the first sh#t tackle you've seen all year? This team can't tackle well....Period. This was another example. Stop sugar coating every single issue with this team.

You know what would have happened if Cooper tackled him and drew a flag?

"Bo Pelini's team is undisciplined. Why do we always play so undisciplined. Dammit Cooper go sit on the bench."

Don't tell me otherwise because it has happened. Corey thought the guy was out of bounds and if he was, he would've gotten a penalty. In Corey's mind, HE MADE THE RIGHT MOVE. In reality, the guy didn't step out of bounds.

Guess what, that sh#t happens all the time.

As for you, you've been posting with the same type of passive aggressive bullsh#t ever since we lost to Michigan State, all under the guise of "I'm not being serious." That's annoying. If you think something's wrong, just say it. Just say, we tackle like sh#t. Just say, we always get in our own way.

• Fire 2

You know what would have happened if Cooper tackled him and drew a flag?

"Bo Pelini's team is undisciplined. Why do we always play so undisciplined. Dammit Cooper go sit on the bench."

Don't tell me otherwise because it has happened. Corey thought the guy was out of bounds and if he was, he would've gotten a penalty. In Corey's mind, HE MADE THE RIGHT MOVE. In reality, the guy didn't step out of bounds.

Guess what, that sh#t happens all the time.

As for you, you've been posting with the same type of passive aggressive bullsh#t ever since we lost to Michigan State, all under the guise of "I'm not being serious." That's annoying. If you think something's wrong, just say it. Just say, we tackle like sh#t. Just say, we always get in our own way.

I've said it constantly. I've also said some positive things. I have yet to ever see you quote one f'ing positive thing I've said or quote me in a point we agree on. No instead you hunt out where my sarcasm shines through, which isn't hard to find lately, and you nitpick the sh#t out of every thing we disagree on. You sir have trouble dealing with opposing opinions, and instead of simply disagreeing with me, you took it to a personal level calling me annoying. This seems to be a common thing around here lately, kind of getting old.

If I tell you I am being sarcastic then I am being sarcastic. I don't need to hide behind any f'ing veils. We have beat the same problems with this team to death! It's the same ones over and over, so at this point if I want to take a sarcastic angle to what a joke some of it has become, I sure as sh#t will. No veils attached.

I was happy as sh#t we won last night. Unlike Sipple though, I won't act like there weren't the same problems rearing their ugly heads again. It was a team win, lots of effort in winning even as much as we tried to lose. Same old Huskers. If this a the team we will watch for the rest of my Husker life's then so be it, I can't change it. So if I come,to the board and see more excuses for crap like that Cooper play, forgive me if I view the excuses as a joke anymore. I almost thought the OP was a joke until I saw how many people were just like " ya, that makes sense". It baffles me, and we disagree about it. Time to move on fella.

• Fire 1

But in the heat of the moment Dude, you have to look at if from the player's perspective. he makes a split second decision of trying to tackle the guy without a penalty. Bottom line is, it's always easier to sit here on Sunday and criticize for a game speed decision-or lack thereof-when we really dont know how hard it really is to be a defender these days.

I wish he'd a blown his ass up too. But it appeared that Cooper was thinking too much. But I cant over fault him for playing that way with the way the game is officiated anymore. And I certainly won't use it to put any knock on yesterday's defensive performance. It was pretty solid top to bottom.

Play through the whistle.

Too bad almost all late hit penalties are before the whistle is blown.

I've said it constantly. I've also said some positive things. I have yet to ever see you quote one f'ing positive thing I've said or quote me in a point we agree on. No instead you hunt out where my sarcasm shines through, which isn't hard to find lately, and you nitpick the sh#t out of every thing we disagree on. You sir have trouble dealing with opposing opinions, and instead of simply disagreeing with me, you took it to a personal level calling me annoying. This seems to be a common thing around here lately, kind of getting old.

If I tell you I am being sarcastic then I am being sarcastic. I don't need to hide behind any f'ing veils. We have beat the same problems with this team to death! It's the same ones over and over, so at this point if I want to take a sarcastic angle to what a joke some of it has become, I sure as sh#t will. No veils attached.

I was happy as sh#t we won last night. Unlike Sipple though, I won't act like there weren't the same problems rearing their ugly heads again. It was a team win, lots of effort in winning even as much as we tried to lose. Same old Huskers. If this a the team we will watch for the rest of my Husker life's then so be it, I can't change it. So if I come,to the board and see more excuses for crap like that Cooper play, forgive me if I view the excuses as a joke anymore. I almost thought the OP was a joke until I saw how many people were just like " ya, that makes sense". It baffles me, and we disagree about it. Time to move on fella.

Whatever. When the time comes that Cooper or another player gets a late hit penalty in a similar situation, you're going to have to shut your mouth and not be made at anybody on the team, coaches included.

You follow your beliefs, go right ahead. But don't double back on them when they suit you best.

Whatever. When the time comes that Cooper or another player gets a late hit penalty in a similar situation, you're going to have to shut your mouth and not be made at anybody on the team, coaches included.

You follow your beliefs, go right ahead. But don't double back on them when they suit you best.

You missed my point entirely yet you want to argue with me. Grasp the point first please, then argue.

Point is, it was a sh#t tackle and a sh#t effort on a guy he "thought" might have went out of bounds. So instead of at least doing enough to ensure the play was over, he half assed it and let him keep running. To avoid a penalty? Okay, well good for him...we didn't get a penalty and the TE scored so that worked out well? Now in the heat of the moment, I've heard of players making the hit and then realizing he was wrong. Hell Cooper didn't even have to lay the dude out, just shove his ass out of bounds for Christs sake.

I won't get mad at a player or coach if a call like that is made. If another play occurs where Cooper is where he is, and an opposing TE is tight roping the sideline and we shove him out, I won't get mad. If there is a questionable flag I usually blame refs don't you? Are you trying to tell me if Cooper had shoved the guy enough to push him out, then there would have been a penalty? And if there was a flag, you blame Cooper or Bo, not the Ref?

• Fire 1

But thank god Bowfin has all the answers. Fire Bo. Suspend Cooper. This is unacceptable. We're entitled to better.

I'm not sure how you made the jump from what I said to your hysterical reply above, but I bet it was accompanied by hot flashes and you bursting out in tears...

...at least for your sake I hope it's hormonal, and therefore temporary. Try a cold compress on your forehead and some Chai Tea.

In Corey's mind, HE MADE THE RIGHT MOVE. In reality, the guy didn't step out of bounds.

It was a mistake, so we agree there. Corey, you, and I all make mistakes, so the important part is what do we learn from them and how do we apply what we learned for the next go around.

I don't know if Corey thought he heard a whistle, or if they even teach players to listen for the whistle, or if they should keep playing until they hear it, so I won't comment on that aspect either.

It's over, we won, good job.

I love how your initial response to every other point I made was "whatever".

You realize whistles have been used in football to initiate and signal an end to a play for many many years now right? You know what one of the first things I was taught in the earliest level of the game I can remember, even Pee Wee flag football? Play til' the whistle blows. Cooper being a division 1 college football player, I can't tell you how many times he has probably heard this. Him being a safety, playing til the whistle blows probably couldn't be stressed more at that position considering there is nobody behind him. If he heard a whistle and that's why he let up, then that's a refs mistake. If there was no whistle and he just let up because he "thought" the guy stepped out....then that's a bullsh#t excuse. Refs are in this game for a reason, you let them decide when the play is over by blowing the whistle, just like every other f'ing team in this country does.