Corey Cooper and "the push"

Pelini just covering for him because he doesn't want to rip him to the papers.

You can still push him enough to get all the way out of bounds and be fine. Cooper has made a few plays but he really isn't that great of a safety.

He is head and shoulders better than last years group. He isn't flashy, but solid. I dont mind him back there at all.

No, he's basically the second coming of Stafford. Makes some big hits but takes poor angles and isn't very fast. You should have paid attention to how many times he got knocked on his butt against Michigan State.

A lot of people are criticizing the play on the basis of, "Yeah but, if you DO tackle him the worst that can happen is 15 yards, if you don't the worst that can happen is a touchdown. Duh!"

I disagree with this. I literally have never seen a play quite like this with that result. Ever. So I would bet any amount of money that Corey's mindset, instead of the above, was "Yeah but, if you DO tackle him the worst that can happen is 15 yards, if you don't the worst that can happen is you make contact and his body momentum carries him out of bounds like it does 999 times out of 1,000."

That's an easily understandable decision to me.

Yes, I believe he's lying, or Bo's lying. Whoever made it up, anyway.

If he's lying and didn't think he was out of bounds, I think that makes even less sense as to why he decided to play patty-cake.

Because he thought he was doing enough to get him out of bounds and he doesn't always give a ton of effort.

• Fire 2

Yes, I believe he's lying, or Bo's lying. Whoever made it up, anyway.

If he's lying and didn't think he was out of bounds, I think that makes even less sense as to why he decided to play patty-cake.

If he thought he was out of bounds, and was trying to prevent a penalty, it wouldn't make any sense to make contact in the first place. As it stands, he made a half-hearted attempt to push him out of bounds, and got beat bad.

• Fire 1

Bad play by Cooper, plain and simple. It is his job to tackle or knock the player out of bounds not to decide whether or not they stepped over the line. This past season I've seen too many players on D in both college and pro give up on a play because they think the player is going out of bounds only to watch them go up field for more yards.

Now why do you think that is?

Bad play by Cooper, plain and simple. It is his job to tackle or knock the player out of bounds not to decide whether or not they stepped over the line. This past season I've seen too many players on D in both college and pro give up on a play because they think the player is going out of bounds only to watch them go up field for more yards.

Now why do you think that is?

ultimately: Incompetent refs