Big Ten Changes

Redux

i wish we were back in the Big 12......the B1G is embarassing.

+1 never been a fan. It's over hyped. I get so tired of hearing how big and tough the big ten is.

Then dominate the conference to prove your point.

Were working on it, just had a couple hiccups. I dont know why people say its embarassing, competition is tough every week, more tradition than you can shake a stick at, and currently has one of onoy 3 undefeated teams.

i wish we were back in the Big 12......the B1G is embarassing.

+1 never been a fan. It's over hyped. I get so tired of hearing how big and tough the big ten is.

Then dominate the conference to prove your point.

Were working on it, just had a couple hiccups. I dont know why people say its embarassing, competition is tough every week, more tradition than you can shake a stick at, and currently has one of onoy 3 undefeated teams.

Because people watch ESPN and get their perception on that.

There is no conference that stands out over another one (as a whole)

Pac12 had Oregon and Stanford - We know what happened to Oregon and Stanford hasn't proven any consistency

Big12 had Baylor and Oklahoma State - Only Oklahoma State has remained consistent but had a hiccup against WVU. And Baylor.....well we saw what happened to them.

ACC had Miami, Clemson, and Florida State - Miami sucks, Clemson was utterly destroyed to the point they need to win convincingly against South Carolina before we can buy into them again, and well FSU has been playing but their opponents are looking worse and worse.

SEC had Alabama, A&M, and Florida - Florida is a shell of themselves, A&M has shown what happens when they face a defense which has made Alabama's defense suspect.

Big Ten had Ohio State, Michigan St., Wisconsin - ESPN is trying their hardest to make sure people forget what happened against ASU with Wisconsin, Ohio State's defense hasn't proven any regularity of effectiveness, and Michigan St. needs to prove their offense.

Everyone has a visible weakness, and no one conference can really bypass that (yet)

This year has been pretty even on a national scale no doubt. Yet the Big Ten siffers image wise. Shame really. Sad part is they say if Auburn beats Bama theyd catapult to #2. Hope that doesnt happen.

I don't think so. There's honestly a huge gap between Auburn and Ohio State in the BCS standings. To the point that even a win, won't leapfrog them over. Remember for all the computers, Bama losing weakens all the SEC teams they've faced in their strength of schedule.

Plus when OSU plays Michigan State, that should help their SoS by a large margin (assuming OSU wins)

Let me start off by saying this; I'm a Husker fan and in no way shape or form have any real authority on the subject of making changes. We are the new team to the league and who are we to come in and say what needs changed?

Now that that's out of the way here are some things I would change if they were in my control:

-B1G Championship game at the higher seeded teams home stadium. I wouldn't like to see this, I like it the way it is.

-Swap Rutgers and Maryland for Notre Dame and Mizzou.I agree that I don't want Rutgers and Maryland, but I would more take Oklahoma and Texas(I hate Texas, but it would be great for recruiting and I would love to see Texas in a conference that they can't run the way they want to!)

-Start times for November games, yes it gets colder but at least a 2:30 start. 11am gets really old.100% agree with this!

-Wisconsin must wear those red lids all the time. Seriously the white W on the red helmet is a freaking awesome look that should be permanent.No comment

-Penn State vs Nebraska on Black Friday.I would change it to Nebraska vs Wisconsin

-Michigan vs Ohio State plays on a neutral site every 5-10 years just for funsies.No comment

-BTN should offer the 60 min. replays year round on the network on certain weeknights.It would be good to see!

Anything else to add, comment below. I had about ten more of these earlier but didn't have time to start this topic.

I would also agree with some comments that I would like to see every team in the B1G play either an SEC team every year or a Pac 12 team. I feel that those are the two top conferences right now, so it would be good to compete with them and hopefully gain some ground on them if we start beating teams from both.

This year has been pretty even on a national scale no doubt. Yet the Big Ten siffers image wise. Shame really. Sad part is they say if Auburn beats Bama theyd catapult to #2. Hope that doesnt happen.

I don't think so. There's honestly a huge gap between Auburn and Ohio State in the BCS standings. To the point that even a win, won't leapfrog them over. Remember for all the computers, Bama losing weakens all the SEC teams they've faced in their strength of schedule.

Plus when OSU plays Michigan State, that should help their SoS by a large margin (assuming OSU wins)

You would also have to count Auburn as beating Mizzou (if they beat aTm this weekend) and they are highly overrated in the top 5, so that would help them more than an MSU victory than tOSU. I don't agree with it, but with the SEC bias, nothing can be counted out as the networks would probably go crazy without an SEC team in the MNC game. ESPN doesn't want to lose out on that 2 Billion investement that they put into the SEC.

• 3 months later...

Also I would like to see an SEC v Big 10 partnership. Play 2 schools every year but late in the year so that way when its cold, the damn SEC has to experience it at least 1 time a year.

Great idea. Unfortunately, you have to get the SEC to agree to this and they have their model for success pretty much locked up. They wouldn't risk exposing themselves to any weaknesses.

Also I would like to see an SEC v Big 10 partnership. Play 2 schools every year but late in the year so that way when its cold, the damn SEC has to experience it at least 1 time a year.

Great idea. Unfortunately, you have to get the SEC to agree to this and they have their model for success pretty much locked up. They wouldn't risk exposing themselves to any weaknesses.

BinGo. Florida in Madison on a November afternoon........how glorious would that be though?