We need a definitive statement from Eichorst

Say what you want, but his antics wouldn't matter so much if he were winning. They would be described as you said Saban is described.

Winning covers up a lot.

I don't like it, but if he were winning Championships, I could ignore it.

That is the sad truth, it isn't just his attitude. He is not a great football coach and he is being paid a salary that should go to a great football coach.

It's the total package, and that package is very poor for Bo Pelini.

I can absolutely live with you explanation rather than just basing it on his antics....fair enough....

I will counter that with I hope people are basing it off of his previous games (years) because I am not sure many guys could have taken a 3rd string walk-on QB ( non-mobile)...allowing def to focus solely on Ameer..... and 2nd teir offensive line and attacked a defense, described by many experts as one of the best front 7s in the big 10..... He didn't coach Quincy to drop 2-3 balls that he normally catches.. or asked Ameer to fumble (again).... Iowa flat out beat us up front today....they are the better team and if friggin sucks....but, it doesn't fall solely on the HC.... players have to make plays.

So you're saying the players didn't execute (again)??

Time for Eichorst to put out the fire. I know people have said that a decision won't be made until after the season, but Eichorst can't be fiddling while Lincoln burns. Keep Bo (my choice) let him go, but don't let the whole thing fester. Take the press out of it, take the rumors out of it, take the uncertainty and doubt out of it, DO SOMETHING.

We'll get a definitive statement this weekend, probably tomorrow. He's obviously going to be fired.

I wouldn't say it's obvious. Possible, but not obvious.

I still think he's Nebraska HC after the weekend.

As I said earlier in the thread unless Eichorst is an utter idiot I don't see how Bo stays. If the plan was for Bo to stay then he there should've been private and public solid confirmation of that. All this distracting, stressful "Bo is gone" drama could've been squashed, it wasn't. Now is Eichorst just that f'ing stupid not to see that he should support his guy or was he looking at a coaching change and didn't want to come out privately or publicly with lies?

Plus even if they were leaning towards Bo staying before I'd say things hit a boiling point today and the situation between the staff, fans, admin, and officials has become too toxic.

We'll get a definitive statement this weekend, probably tomorrow. He's obviously going to be fired.

As I said earlier in the thread unless Eichorst is an utter idiot I don't see how Bo stays. If the plan was for Bo to stay then he there should've been private and public solid confirmation of that. All this distracting, stressful "Bo is gone" drama could've been squashed, it wasn't. Now is Eichorst just that f'ing stupid not to see that he should support his guy or was he looking at a coaching change and didn't want to come out privately or publicly with lies?

Plus even if they were leaning towards Bo staying before I'd say things hit a boiling point today and the situation between the staff, fans, admin, and officials has become too toxic.

Yeah, the silence was telling. They could have backed him at some point, but they were, at minimum, considering firing him so they didn't want to have to go back on their statement two weeks later.

I think there's a good chance he was going to be let go anyway regardless of what happened vs Iowa. Bo took any question out of it with today's events.

Don't know if he has plans to be a HC again, but today was an awful audition.

Yeah, the silence was telling. They could have backed him at some point, but they were, at minimum, considering firing him so they didn't want to have to go back on their statement two weeks later.

I think there's a good chance he was going to be let go anyway regardless of what happened vs Iowa. Bo took any question out of it with today's events.

Don't know if he has plans to be a HC again, but today was an awful audition.

Ya, Bo didn't do himself any favors today. Probably won't get a sniff of a major job again. I could see him getting and doing well with a nonBCS job down the road, it would probably be a better fit.

Serious question. I know Tressel has a show cause which includes a bowl ban. If (big if) he is hired as our next HC before this years bowl game, would that count as the bowl he would sit for?

It says he's banned for the first 5 games of the season AND the post season for that year. So if he got hired on now, it would not count until next year.

He shall be suspended from all coaching duties for the first five games during the initial year he is employed as well as any postseason contest(s) during that year

Well, Eichorst has opened his mouth and removed all doubt. While Bo's antics yesterday are extremely disappointing, at least he's doing these things spur-of-the-moment. Eichorst has patiently and carefully screwed the pooch. [sarcasm]Good hire, Perlman. Not talking to Osborne, or anyone else, sure has worked out well.[/sarcasm]