On the bright side

RedDenver

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

Surprisingly there are lots. It sucks because back when he was hired I thought he was the right guy for the job. He lost me for good today. I don't give a f#*k what he said in his press-conference. It is painful watching our team f#*k themselves over and over and over and over and over.... What is more painful is watching teams come in and take it to us. Our lines are soft. Teams do to us what we used to do to them, and that just boggles my mind. I'm sick of this wussy spread crap.

Recruit for a definitive system. Year 6 I still have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on O. Spread mixed with power run, mixed with the option and zone read with basic principles of the WCO thrown in to compliment the smash mouth, "take what the defense gives us" has equalled an epic fail in all phases.

I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services.

Recruit kids who exhibit mental and physical toughness. Look past the stars and see a kid with "lesser" abilities who excels. Kids who have faced adversity in HS and know what it takes to win. Recruit mean. You either are or your not. You can't teach mean.

I too, hate seeing teams punch us in the mouth series after series until we quit. Tapping out because the hits are to hard (my opinion). Our guys getting laid out instead of laying guys out.

There is an old adage that holds true, "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat". Maybe we train to "soft" in practice and the weight room......

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war." -- General Patton

For the love of Christ, he didn't take a swing at the guy

ku-xlarge.gif

He's clearly taking a swing in the guy's general direction. Directly at him, if we're being specific.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaSFI7EIQAExly4.jpg:large

Honestly, win or lose, I thought you probably don't fire Bo for 8 wins. But after that incident with the official? I don't see how you keep him. How can you expect your players to keep their composure in a tough situation when the coach can't keep his?

There are still Bo supporters, sadly, just as there were Callahan supporters in 2007. A lot of them are probably the same people, almost all of whom are sniveling, weak, self-conscious, boys (not men) who are afraid to strive for greatness out of fear of falling short, and therefore fill themselves on the gluttony of mediocrity. Frankly, they can all GTFO.

24439905.jpg

shoe.jpg

Hello all, I have been here for a long time and read all the topics don't post much but heres my take. Bo has been our coach and it has been a roaller coaster the entire time. People either hate him or love him. Today during his presser he may have signed his resignation papers, who knows, I have mixed feelings about the guy, sometimes we look great others not so much. My only thing is if he is fired or leaves on his own who in the hell is out there that would want to coach at Nebraska? I mean what he has won at least 9 games in the last six years right? Their are many programs that would kill to have a record llke that. I know I know they are not Nebraska, but us Big Red fans have extremely high expectations. maybe to high, things change over time, and football program has also changed in the last 10 years. And I know some of you will flame spray me for saying this, but we should have given Frank Solich a chance back in 2003. But if I recall people didn't like him because he was a weak recruiter

Hello all, I have been here for a long time and read all the topics don't post much but heres my take. Bo has been our coach and it has been a roaller coaster the entire time. People either hate him or love him. Today during his presser he may have signed his resignation papers, who knows, I have mixed feelings about the guy, sometimes we look great others not so much. My only thing is if he is fired or leaves on his own who in the hell is out there that would want to coach at Nebraska? I mean what he has won at least 9 games in the last six years right? Their are many programs that would kill to have a record llke that. I know I know they are not Nebraska, but us Big Red fans have extremely high expectations. maybe to high, things change over time, and football program has also changed in the last 10 years. And I know some of you will flame spray me for saying this, but we should have given Frank Solich a chance back in 2003. But if I recall people didn't like him because he was a weak recruiter

There are 120 or so FBS level head coaching positions. Maybe 15 to 20 of them will be open this year. Maybe 5 to 10 will be at power conferences. Who will want to coach at Nebraska? Pretty much any coach looking to take the next step in his career.

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

Surprisingly there are lots. It sucks because back when he was hired I thought he was the right guy for the job. He lost me for good today. I don't give a f#*k what he said in his press-conference. It is painful watching our team f#*k themselves over and over and over and over and over.... What is more painful is watching teams come in and take it to us. Our lines are soft. Teams do to us what we used to do to them, and that just boggles my mind. I'm sick of this wussy spread crap.

Recruit for a definitive system. Year 6 I still have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on O. Spread mixed with power run, mixed with the option and zone read with basic principles of the WCO thrown in to compliment the smash mouth, "take what the defense gives us" has equalled an epic fail in all phases.

I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services.

Recruit kids who exhibit mental and physical toughness. Look past the stars and see a kid with "lesser" abilities who excels. Kids who have faced adversity in HS and know what it takes to win. Recruit mean. You either are or your not. You can't teach mean.

I too, hate seeing teams punch us in the mouth series after series until we quit. Tapping out because the hits are to hard (my opinion). Our guys getting laid out instead of laying guys out.

There is an old adage that holds true, "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat". Maybe we train to "soft" in practice and the weight room......

"I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services. "

Agree completely with this. I am also tired of the poor special teams and turnovers. I saw a video a few days ago that showed players carrying other players on their backs during strength and conditioning. This is a terrible waste of time. We need to optimize the time spent in the weight room. Get a world class S&C coach.

There are still Bo supporters, sadly, just as there were Callahan supporters in 2007. A lot of them are probably the same people, almost all of whom are sniveling, weak, self-conscious, boys (not men) who are afraid to strive for greatness out of fear of falling short, and therefore fill themselves on the gluttony of mediocrity. Frankly, they can all GTFO.

I heard even Cally's mother and grandmother thought he should be fired :)

Only mediocre programs would like a ranking no higher than 15 for 6 years with most seasons out of the top 20.

I admire your ability to generalize about individual people who you know nothing about.

Also, I think Bo should be fired. So don't pull that card.

24439905.jpg

shoe.jpg

Yup, you described me perfectly. Its like you've totally met me in real life and everything...

24439905.jpg

shoe.jpg

Yup, you described me perfectly. Its like you've totally met me in real life and everything...

You put yourself in the crosshairs, champ. If you can't take the heat, maybe keep my posts out yo mouth.

And I'd love to meet you in person. Name the time and place, sweetie pie.