On the bright side

RedDenver

I have been a Bo supporter from the time he was hired. Today, I am very disappointed in him. I think its maybe time for him to either have a come to Jesus sitdown with some experts or to move on. We cannot continue to do the same thing next year as we have done for the past six years. I don't like losing but I know we can't win championships every year. But, I do expect that we play Husker tradition of excellence football without being humiliated or embarrassed every year. Bo has not taken back to our former standards. I don't know that I can expect him to do it next year.

I don't know much about other coach candidates but I would hope that Ron Brown, Scott Frost and Craig Bohl are considered.

There are still Bo supporters, sadly, just as there were Callahan supporters in 2007. A lot of them are probably the same people, almost all of whom are sniveling, weak, self-conscious, boys (not men) who are afraid to strive for greatness out of fear of falling short, and therefore fill themselves on the gluttony of mediocrity. Frankly, they can all GTFO.

• Fire 1

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

If we'd won today and a move was made there would have been a ton of controversy. Between the ugly loss and Bo's attitude there will be little controversy, this no longer looks like a Pedey/Solich deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Eichorst and Perlman are secretly kinda happy about what happened today. If they wanted to make a move it's now easier to raise buyout money and there will be less heat to deal with.

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

If we'd won today and a move was made there would have been a ton of controversy. Between the ugly loss and Bo's attitude there will be little controversy, this no longer looks like a Pedey/Solich deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Eichorst and Perlman are secretly kinda happy about what happened today. If they wanted to make a move it's now easier to raise buyout money and there will be less heat to deal with.

100%

He made it real easy for them to drop the hammer.

Surprisingly there are lots. It sucks because back when he was hired I thought he was the right guy for the job. He lost me for good today. I don't give a f#*k what he said in his press-conference. It is painful watching our team f#*k themselves over and over and over and over and over.... What is more painful is watching teams come in and take it to us. Our lines are soft. Teams do to us what we used to do to them, and that just boggles my mind. I'm sick of this wussy spread crap.

Recruit for a definitive system. Year 6 I still have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on O. Spread mixed with power run, mixed with the option and zone read with basic principles of the WCO thrown in to compliment the smash mouth, "take what the defense gives us" has equalled an epic fail in all phases.

I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services.

Recruit kids who exhibit mental and physical toughness. Look past the stars and see a kid with "lesser" abilities who excels. Kids who have faced adversity in HS and know what it takes to win. Recruit mean. You either are or your not. You can't teach mean.

I too, hate seeing teams punch us in the mouth series after series until we quit. Tapping out because the hits are to hard (my opinion). Our guys getting laid out instead of laying guys out.

There is an old adage that holds true, "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat". Maybe we train to "soft" in practice and the weight room......

so true, we are known for nothing...no great linemen, no great qbs, no great defense....nothing, not jack!

Actually we are known for jack #espy

I still want to keep Bo, but I'm not going to be heartbroken if he's gone tomorrow. They just better have a plan for the next coach and I'll support whoever the coach is unlike the "Pro-Nebraska" as$hats that are happy about what happened today because it plays into what they want.

I'm kind of where you are. I really want Bo to be successful, here at Nebraska. I don't want him to go, but after today, I won't be nearly as disappointed if it happens, I can tell you, I will probably be happier at my lowly IT salary the next three days than he will at his salary,

And less stigma when trying to hire a new coach. Firing for the reasons he put on the table today really douses the "but he's won an average of 9 games since he got here" argument.

On the bright side player speaking....I saw flashes of greatness on the D side of the line. Gregory is always awesome (even if today wasn't his best game), VV showed some promise and I think he could rise to a level just below Suh if he keeps improving. On one play I saw him push the O-lineman straight back 3 yards, then shuck him and smother their QB. That is blackshirt defense. Rose had what...16 tackles? Hope those fellows stick around regardless of the coaching business.

I would get entirely frustrated with the media constantly bringing up whether he'll be here next season. I'm not condoning anything he's said, nor the results on the field, so hear me out on this:

Bo coaches for a living. Just like you or I go to work to do what we do for a living, Bo Pelini coaches for a living. I'm entirely sure that when you or I fail on the job, we are frustrated enough with ourselves. I'm sure the uncertainty of whether or not we'll still be able to provide for our family [i don't have one yet, but I'm sure most of you do] is a nagging annoyance to you. Nobody likes to fail, and I think you'd be kidding yourself if you think Bo doesn't sit in his office and try to think of different ways to solve our problems. If you think he doesn't want his team to be successful, then I don't know what to say to you.

So, when we fail it's frustrating. But I don't think any of us have to deal with people reminding us that we are failures, that we might not have a job, that we might not be able to provide for our family. But, most of us aren't paid $3 million. Make of it what you will, but this has been a tumultuous season for Bo, and I think his press conference was the culmination of this season.

I don't think anything that is said at a press conference is a fireable offense. A coach should be fired based upon what he can get down on the field and for his athletes. I'm not telling any of you that what you think is wrong; I'm just giving my opinion.

• Fire 1

There are still Bo supporters, sadly, just as there were Callahan supporters in 2007. A lot of them are probably the same people, almost all of whom are sniveling, weak, self-conscious, boys (not men) who are afraid to strive for greatness out of fear of falling short, and therefore fill themselves on the gluttony of mediocrity. Frankly, they can all GTFO.

24439905.jpg

• Fire 1