Time for a new coach

BIG ERN

First would like to thank Bo for his time here. Before he came we were a 5-7 football team who didn't even make a bowl game and were on a downward spiral of suck. He took over and won 9+ games for five straight years. Got to the conference championship 3 out of those 5 years only to come up short (one real short). Got caught up in some injuries this season, but still played a little below average to my sense. 38 teams had 9+ wins last year, and after today that number will be about the same again.

The problem is he still hasn't changed as a HEAD football coach. There is nothing about him on the side lines that shows he has changed regardless of what anyone says. I don't mind some passion, but every time something goes wrong he goes bizerk on one of his rants - whether that's to one of the players, coaches, fans, or refs. Just one time get some self control. Pap and the fellow coaches on the other end of that head set have taken more ass chewings than any other coaches in football, I guarantee you that. Don't come at me with the too soft theory because I am not a hoo-rah pat Johnny on the sidelines so he feels better kind of person either, but there has to be a line drawn in the sand after a while.

The fumbles. Oh my the fumbles. We are 122 out of 123 teams right now in fumbles. I hope that sounds familiar because just last year we were also second to last in the nation. 119th in t/o margin. Penalties we currently sit 90th, which is Pelini's best of six seasons.

I wanted to wait a day to cool off for the third home loss this season to of all teams, Iowa. Maybe he stays and proves me wrong, but I see no reason to believe that logic.

Worth $3 mil/year?

57-24 at Nebraska

3-3 bowl games

0-3 conference championship games

8-14 vs top 25

First would like to thank Bo for his time here. Before he came we were a 5-7 football team who didn't even make a bowl game and were on a downward spiral of suck. He took over and won 9+ games for five straight years. Got to the conference championship 3 out of those 5 years only to come up short (one real short). Got caught up in some injuries this season, but still played a little below average to my sense. 38 teams had 9+ wins last year, and after today that number will be about the same again.

The problem is he still hasn't changed as a HEAD football coach. There is nothing about him on the side lines that shows he has changed regardless of what anyone says. I don't mind some passion, but every time something goes wrong he goes bizerk on one of his rants - whether that's to one of the players, coaches, fans, or refs. Just one time get some self control. Pap and the fellow coaches on the other end of that head set have taken more ass chewings than any other coaches in football, I guarantee you that. Don't come at me with the too soft theory because I am not a hoo-rah pat Johnny on the sidelines so he feels better kind of person either, but there has to be a line drawn in the sand after a while.

The fumbles. Oh my the fumbles. We are 122 out of 123 teams right now in fumbles. I hope that sounds familiar because just last year we were also second to last in the nation. 119th in t/o margin. Penalties we currently sit 90th, which is Pelini's best of six seasons.

I wanted to wait a day to cool off for the third home loss this season to of all teams, Iowa. Maybe he stays and proves me wrong, but I see no reason to believe that logic.

Worth $3 mil/year?

57-24 at Nebraska

3-3 bowl games

8-14 vs top 25

Since this thread has been started again, I'm going to ask this question again, who are you "realistically" going to get that is going to do better...

Worth $3 mil/year?

57-24 at Nebraska

3-3 bowl games

8-14 vs top 25

Since this thread has been started again, I'm going to ask this question again, who are you "realistically" going to get that is going to do better...

I don't have insider knowledge like Eichorst has, but are you telling me there isn't one damn coach that cannot win 9 games?? Hell, 38 teams did that last year. That number could be 40 after today's games.

Worth $3 mil/year?

57-24 at Nebraska

3-3 bowl games

8-14 vs top 25

I don't have insider knowledge like Eichorst has, but are you telling me there isn't one damn coach that cannot win 9 games?? Hell, 38 teams did that last year. That number could be 40 after today's games.

Well, like I said in another thread, unless you've got TO/Bear Bryant growing in a petri dish in your basement, who are you going to get?

When Hayden Fry was winding down his career at Iowa, we saw first hand how recruiting was impacted. Why would a kid and his family commit to a program, when they did not know who would be the coach next year? Almost worse than that would be knowing that the current coach has one more year to prove himself being possibly being fired. You only have 4 years (maybe 5) as a student athlete, so why would you risk it? Who would want to sign up for one program knowing full well that the entire scheme could change? Whether fair or not, this is the position that you might be in. If Bo stays, it will take a healthy contract extension to show recruits that the University is behind him, and his coaching staff and style. That is exactly how a University can get into a real "toxic" situation with a lame duck coach and a long contract (as in expensive buyout if the gamble does not work).

I gotta admit that it has been fun to poke at Nebraska fans since the game, especially with many of the vile reactions. It is easy to be the "Greatest Fans" when you have an impeccable record, but real winners also know how to lose with grace.