From Shawn Eichorst

BREAKING --

Statement from NU AD Eichorst:

"My approach has always been to not comment publicly about our coaches until their full seasons are complete, as I strongly believe it is unfair and counter to best practices. However, given the volume of unfounded speculation and conjecture about our head football coach, I want to reaffirm what I have said many times since I have arrived at the University of Nebraska -- that I positively respect, appreciate and support our football student-athletes, coaches and staff, as we do everyone in the Husker family. We very much look forward to our upcoming bowl game and Coach Pelini continuing to lead our program in the future."

This may be nothing more than Eichorst showing his support thru the bowl season. It's still possible Eichorst is searching for a replacement and will make the changes following our bowl game.

i hope not. that would be horrible. you have to move fast so the new guy can get his ducks in a row and start recruiting. and, honestly, it would be unfair to bo. he needs to move on and figure out what he can do.

This may be nothing more than Eichorst showing his support thru the bowl season. It's still possible Eichorst is searching for a replacement and will make the changes following our bowl game.

i hope not. that would be horrible. you have to move fast so the new guy can get his ducks in a row and start recruiting. and, honestly, it would be unfair to bo. he needs to move on and figure out what he can do.

True but Eichorst may have made his decision already but can't "officially" do anything until after the bowl game. This is assuming of course the "replacement" is or will be coaching in a bowl game as well. Purely hypothetical on my part of course.