In other Big 10 news....

eoltmer

The media, especially ESPN, does not want OSU in the title game. Wonder how much the BTN plays into ESpin crapping on OSU-B1G. Some ESPN talking heads are so bias to the SEC it is ridiculous. Namely, Schlaubach, Finebaum, David Pollak, not as much Jessie Palmer. At least Herbie can be objective when discussing OSU.

The theme of yesterday on ESPN:

Can Auburn jump OSU?

SEC 7-year history should give them the edge.

OSU weak schedule (very little talk of FSU's weaker schedule)

B1G is at an all time low.

How Alabama and Auburn would be a TD favorite over OSU.

OSU does not deserve based on ND's performance last year (are you effing serious?)

OSU's terrible defense.

A 2 loss SEC team LSU beat OSU in 2007 so a 1-loss SEC team should definitely be ahead of 2013 OSU.

C@ck blocking the SEC next Sunday will be more rewarding than actually getting into the game.

Like I've always said - this argument comes down to two things. Do you think quality of wins are more important, or quality of losses? And do you think how good a team supposedly is is more important, or what they have earned?

Personally, I kind of waffle between the two on the first point, but always think it's more important believing what a team has actually done to deserve a trip verses how good people think a team is. But if two BCS schools are being compared and one is undefeated and the other isn't, I go for the undefeated team. Every time. I don't care if their schedule is weaker, teams don't play in a vacuum and going undefeated is incredibly difficult no matter who you play. 13-0 in the Big Ten is more impressive than 12-1 in the SEC. There is a humongous gap between that one loss in what you have earned and accomplished, despite how tough your schedule is.

Not only does Ohio State not have a quality win, their opponents don't have a quality win higher than ND. A win over MI(b) won't change that. For the record I still would not vote the SEC champion above them.

Then FSU doesn't either.

FSU beat Clemson. By a lot. OSU over MSt won't be as impressive, but it will AT LEAST give them a quality win. Personally, based on who they beat, (and when it happened) I still think Auburn has had a better season than OSU. (thus far)

Well, they beat Georgia when Georgia was HEALTHY, and has only lost 1 game in conference. Their other two losses coming to Top 10 teams.

Whether you think they are good or not, they have a top 15 ranking. They're as "good" as Michigan State is. That's why I said "thus far" Now, if/when y'all beat MSU, especially if you throttle them, then that puts OSU on equal footing with FSU, at least as far as the "quality wins" argument goes.

The ACC is worse than the Big Ten.

Sparty has lost 0 games in conference but I don't think that that makes them world beaters. Only loss was a 4 point, questionable pass interference call loss on the road vs a Rival. I can make the loss sound impressive.

Clemson's reputation was from beating a 8-4 UGA team that lost to Vandy.

look at the rest of their schedule, they didn't even play the bigger teams in the ACC

NCSU, BC,Wake, Cuse,UMD,UVA and GT were their conference wins.

Woody, I agree with you. Completely. I am just using the rankings for evidence of who FSU beat for a "quality win" vs OSU's lack of quality win. I think this year is just another reason why we need a playoff.

You're also only looking at ranked teams for quality wins. There are 12 games in a season, and just because a team or an entire schedule doesn't have #__ besides it doesn't mean those games are discounted.

Either way, OSU has a win over Wisconsin who was ranked 15th a week ago and is now 21st (should also be noted the debacle that resulted in their "loss" against Arizona State). Seems like a quality win to me.

So, basically on that argument, both will be the same....FSU with wins over Clemson and Duke

OSU with wins over Wisky and MSU.

Not a great argument for either team, but neither is Auburn losing a game...even if they have (and if they win this weekend) will have had markedly better wins than those programs this year.

But their loss is worse compared to the lack of for both FSU or OSU

And its not like it was to a world beater. this is the LSU that barely escaped vs R-Kansas. The same team that is coached by Old Butt-Head and a team that lost to Rutgers among others

Also, they should have lost to UGA but lucked out.

Well, Arkansas sees LSU as their BIG rival. That's their one team. Just like Mich-OSU. So, yes they have a "worse" loss But they also have better wins...and better wins RECENTLY. The loss was WAY early in the season.

If you are looking at Auburn, besides Alabama, who have they beat this year that was a really good football team. I'm guessing that you will bring up Texas A&M, and they are good, but not elite this year. The only other ranked teams that they have beat are Georgia and Ole Miss(was ranked at that time) and those teams aren't that good this year. Auburn has had one really good win, Alabama. I'm not taking anything away from that win, but it's hard to say that they are that much better than Ohio State because, IMO, Auburn hasn't had an impossible schedule this year either.