In other Big 10 news....

eoltmer

Oh, and when A&M at 11 lost to LSU, we dropped to 21. Not 2-3 spots. So there's that. Auburn beat #1 and is projected to go up 1.

Perhaps, now stay with me, how much texans go up and down is impacted by the other teams around them? Or will you let your hatred of the SEC blind you to logic?

Yeah it was your third loss and you still didn't drop outta the top 25... Come on now. LSU was also a 3 loss team. I have no hatred of the SEC, I'm a huge fan of Vandy and James Franklin. I don't like CBS broadcasting their games (CBS sucks), or the bias that makes them so heavily favored in the polls, deserved or undeserved based on recent SEC performance in bowls. That's really all I dislike about the conference. I have no special feelings towards any conference as my personal allegiance is to my Huskers, not the B1G.

Weeks ago. Remember yesterday? They beat #1 team in the country. If Ohio State beats MSU, their BEST win will be a what? #12 team? (Sorry, don't know MSUs ranking)

I'm not taking anything away from Auburn beating the #1 team in the nation, but Michigan State should easily be ranked in the top 10 right now since their only loss is to Notre Dame. If Ohio State beats Michigan State next week, they should make it to the NC game against FSU. That's the end of the story right there. If Auburn leapfrogs Ohio State, if Ohio State wins next week, then it will be the ultimate example of the SEC getting special treatment from the pollsters. It would be a shame to have Auburn in there over an undefeated Ohio State.

Not if they haven't played the right teams. I think I saw Auburn has a SOS of 16. OSU was 80. So, Auburn played better teams.

Once again, you are talking about the SEC bias here. SEC teams are always rated higher than most of them deserve to be, so of course their strength of schedules are always high since they play each other. Once again, I'm not taking anything away from what Auburn has done, but Ohio State hasn't lost a game in two years. I don't care who you are, that's tough to do.

Well, I may need to revise my prediction. According to CBS projected BCS standings, Auburn still has a lot of ground to make up. I guess we will see!

I really don't pay a lot of attention but I don't think a 0.0037 difference is a lot of ground (assuming their projection is correct). Moving up one spot in one of the non-lowest computer rankings would gain them 0.0033. Each place they gain on each Harris ballot gains them 0.0001 and each place they move up on each Coaches ballot gains them 0.0002. Plus, those ballot numbers are obviously doubled if the move above Ohio St.

So they would need to move up on spot on one computer plus get about four voters to move them up. Or, if they don't move up in any computer, they'd need about 20-25 voters to move them up (out of 4,425). Since they already moved up to #1 on five ballots, that doesn't seem like much of a stretch if they also beat Mizzou.

Well, I may need to revise my prediction. According to CBS projected BCS standings, Auburn still has a lot of ground to make up. I guess we will see!

I really don't pay a lot of attention but I don't think a 0.0037 difference is a lot of ground (assuming their projection is correct). Moving up one spot in one of the non-lowest computer rankings would gain them 0.0033. Each place they gain on each Harris ballot gains them 0.0001 and each place they move up on each Coaches ballot gains them 0.0002. Plus, those ballot numbers are obviously doubled if the move above Ohio St.

So they would need to move up on spot on one computer plus get about four voters to move them up. Or, if they don't move up in any computer, they'd need about 20-25 voters to move them up (out of 4,425). Since they already moved up to #1 on five ballots, that doesn't seem like much of a stretch if they also beat Mizzou.

Quite a bit bigger margin than projected and from what I expected. 0.027 is the difference. I thought Auburn would jump tOSU in several computers but they only did in one and half their deficit is in the computers. The one computer that has Auburn #1 has Florida State #4 so there's that. They're going to have to convince a lot of voters to swap. Not nearly as likely to happen as I thought it would be.