Bo Pelini, from a player’s parents eyes.

icedavis

That was last year. Before almost losing on opening day to a team that missed a bowl and fired a coach. Before giving up 38 straight to ucla. Before the tape leak. Before insisting Taylor be 100% before starting, then starting him and losing to Minnesota. Before the MSU debacle. Before the Iowa meltdown and defiant child act at the press conference.

Do you honestly think 78% of Nebraska fans will approve of that?

I didn't say that was his rating now. You said very few would be sad if he were to leave. I simply put that what we know from hard facts from historic information is that the trend would be opposite. I think if polled now he would still be in the 70's and maybe even 80% points. Remember that last poll was last year right after we got hammered by UCLA so mouth breather unrest was a high point. Perhaps not as high as now but I don't think its shifted to 78% favor him moving on and 8% him staying or the fact of the matter is we wouldn't have the BOR telling HP to tread lightly.

Clearly my comments have struck a nerve. I'm really really sorry and I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way a fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused anyone, or their family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Just laughed out loud and drew attention to myself.

I haven't seen that movie, so the reference was over my head. No doubt had I seen it, I would have responded in a similar fashion. Consider that film added to my instant queue.

And Knapp, with that kinda reference, I was hoping it would continue in others (if it has, well its still over my head and I will gladly take more movie referals). Such as, making a Shirley reference instead of surely, a la Airplane!

That was last year. Before almost losing on opening day to a team that missed a bowl and fired a coach. Before giving up 38 straight to ucla. Before the tape leak. Before insisting Taylor be 100% before starting, then starting him and losing to Minnesota. Before the MSU debacle. Before the Iowa meltdown and defiant child act at the press conference.

"Almost losing" and "defiant child act"......I enjoy the attempted usage of influential terminology.

Curious as to what you call the Wyoming game and the post game Iowa scene.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill with the post game Iowa scene.

I didn't say that was his rating now. You said very few would be sad if he were to leave. I simply put that what we know from hard facts from historic information is that the trend would be opposite. I think if polled now he would still be in the 70's and maybe even 80% points. Remember that last poll was last year right after we got hammered by UCLA so mouth breather unrest was a high point. Perhaps not as high as now but I don't think its shifted to 78% favor him moving on and 8% him staying or the fact of the matter is we wouldn't have the BOR telling HP to tread lightly.

You said EVERY poll had Bo with a 80-90% approval rating. I called bs, you moved the goalposts.

"Almost losing" and "defiant child act"......I enjoy the attempted usage of influential terminology.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill with the post game Iowa scene.

Nebraska led off sportscenter after it. They haven't done that in I don't know how long. And it was because of how Bo Pelini acted.

Respectfully disagree

• Fire 1

Nebraska led off sportscenter after it. They haven't done that in I don't know how long. And it was because of how Bo Pelini acted.

Respectfully disagree

Sensationalism.

I'd call both of them what Pelini alluded to more than once as the season went along. Disappointing offensive performances.

I'd call both of them what Pelini alluded to more than once as the season went along. Disappointing offensive performances.

I don't know. Some people think Pelini was plenty offensive post game Iowa.

Respectfully disagree

I hope it got them good ratings to pass along to their advertisers. I didn't see it, but I've got two words from Eichorst's memo for ESPN....."unfounded speculation".

In a game where the defense gave up over 30.

Heh.

I don't know. Some people think Pelini was plenty offensive post game Iowa.

That number reduces if you don't count those wearing press passes.

In a game where the defense gave up over 30.

Heh.

Yep