Bo Pelini, from a player’s parents eyes.

icedavis

Youre telling me they DONT put a camera on Bo for the specific reason of hoping he blows up after a bad call?

Nick Saban is just as bad (and arguably, worse) than Bo Pelini on the sideline. Does anybody care? No. Instead, it's 'passion' or some other ridiculous label. People don't care because Saban is a winner.

Flip over to Bo Pelini. His program is, for all intents and purposes, average on the national level. There's nothing interesting to talk about regarding the Huskers. In a content driven media world - what drives the content? A relatively meaningless win over an unranked opponent, another loss on the road to a ranked opponent, or trailing a camera on Pelini in the likely chance he loses it? Or, if they get lucky, he really loses it, as he did against Iowa?

Until Nebraska is a consistent winner, negativity is going to be the foundation of our story lines. Nobody said it's fair, but it's a reality in my opinion.

• Fire 1

I know Im the minority that isnt bothered by Bo and his sideline demeanor. Maybe it makes other fans think less of him buy Im not really bothered by that either. As long as hes winning games and a clean program Im a happy guy. I know thats not enough for some, or maybe most at this point. The championships will come. We just took a big step beating an underrated SEC team (oxymoron) in a bowl game with an incredibly youthful team. That excites me.

Personally I hope he looks like a raving friggin lunatic all season and wins all 12 games just so those who said his antics were the death of us all can say "I think his temper helps now! Derp"

Pelini's sideline behavior only bothers me when it affects the team on the field. The hard evidence of this manifests in the form of unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yard penalties.

Now, from a largely opinionated standpoint, I think all teams are an extension of their head coach and his character traits. I've argued in the past that one reason the team loses focus and lacks discipline is because Pelini, at times, lacks discipline and loses focus. But, I still like Pelini and want to see him succeed. He's doing more things right in the program than he is wrong, imho.

• Fire 4
Pelini's sideline behavior only bothers me when it affects the team on the field. The hard evidence of this manifests in the form of unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yard penalties.

Now, from a largely opinionated standpoint, I think all teams are an extension of their head coach and his character traits. I've argued in the past that one reason the team loses focus and lacks discipline is because Pelini, at times, lacks discipline and loses focus. But, I still like Pelini and want to see him succeed. He's doing more things right in the program than he is wrong, imho.

I can get behind this

100% agree with Enhance. I don't necessarily love all the ranting and raving, but a lot of head coaches do that. It's a passionate position. But the good things that he and his staff do for the program must always be considered. I'm just tired of all of the conversations about him, to be honest. I get that it's the offseason and there isn't as much to talk about, but enough with the Bo must go garbage. Let's talk about the exciting work the staff is doing in recruiting, speculate about next year, etc. But it's time to leave Bo and his job security out of it.