Big 10 Championship: OSU v Mich St.

Eric the Red

Thats precisely why you are not the best in the conference, you DO turn the ball over and you DO take bad penalties while lacking team depth to overcome injuries. There is no if we can fix it as it was not fixed at game time.

This reminds of English fans when their national soccer team looses. We should have won that! If Rooney just didn't hit that post! If that corner kick was just a couple inches closer! If the team played more as a team! We are the best if not for that! We are better then them if not for that!

Reality however is, Rooney did hit the post, the corner was off, the team didn't play well as a team.

It's not that you would have won without those shortcomings, it's that you lost because of those shortcomings.

Now I'm not hating on Nebraska, a fan here, but it is what it is and these issues that have been around for a few years now need to be addressed rather then glossed over.

I think we should fire Pelini because he's not a "Nebraska man". :)

Heh, really though Nebraska fans need to ask themselves what they really want. OSU for example had some very good years in the 90's but couldn't beat UM, so they got a new coach regardless of how well the team was doing. Nebraska wins a good amount of games consistently but not the big ones and there's the dilemma, so hmmm.

And the new hire promptly wins a NC in his 2nd year and goes on to dominate the conference in a 10 year run.

Thats precisely why you are not the best in the conference, you DO turn the ball over and you DO take bad penalties while lacking team depth to overcome injuries. There is no if we can fix it as it was not fixed at game time.

This reminds of English fans when their national soccer team looses. We should have won that! If Rooney just didn't hit that post! If that corner kick was just a couple inches closer! If the team played more as a team! We are the best if not for that! We are better then them if not for that!

Reality however is, Rooney did hit the post, the corner was off, the team didn't play well as a team.

It's not that you would have won without those shortcomings, it's that you lost because of those shortcomings.

Now I'm not hating on Nebraska, a fan here, but it is what it is and these issues that have been around for a few years now need to be addressed rather then glossed over.

Heh, really though Nebraska fans need to ask themselves what they really want. OSU for example had some very good years in the 90's but couldn't beat UM, so they got a new coach regardless of how well the team was doing. Nebraska wins a good amount of games consistently but not the big ones and there's the dilemma, so hmmm.

Exactly. He's not a "Nebraska man"

And the new hire promptly wins a NC in his 2nd year and goes on to dominate the conference in a 10 year run.

Then he's exposed as a cheater and the rest is history.

Then he's exposed as a cheater and the rest is history.

That's why I stopped at 10 instead of 11

Nebraska's 2nd and 3rd string Offense: 392 yards against MSU

while committing 5 turnovers

Nebraska's Defense: 361 yards given up against MSU

Ohio State's 4th in the nation in points Offense: 374 yards against MSU

while committing 0 turnovers

Ohio State Defense: 438 yards given up against MSU

chuckleshuffle