GA Injury List

McDawg

As best as I recall, here is a basic injury list that may OR may not have an effect on the game.

Malcolm Mitchell starting FLK-ACL-out for season since 1st game-out-back up-back up Rantavious Wooten Sr

Justin Scott-Wesley starting SE-ACL-out for season since Oct 1-out-back up Jonathon Rumph Jr.

Keith Marshall starting RB-ACL-out for season since Oct 1-out-back ups are healthy/ Brendan Douglas fr and JJ Green fr

Michael Bennet SE-torn meniscus-out for two games Oct 1----ok for bowl healthy

Todd Gurley starting RB-high ankle sprain-out for three games Sept 28-ok for bowl healthy

Chris Conley starting WR-sprained ankle-out one game Sept 28-ok for bowl healthy

Josh Harvey-Clemons starting DB-foot-outone game Sept 28-ok for bowl healthy

Tray matthews-starting FS-various games concussion, sprains-ok for bowl healthy

David Andrews-starting center-sprained foot-one game Oct 19-ok for bowl healthy

Aaron Murray-starting QB-ACL-season ending Nov 23-back up will be starter next year.

there are quite a few more that I have not listed, but this covers most of the impact players for us. We hav enoticed a little fall off on the receicvers, but the new guys have stepped in pretty nicely. We were hurting with both starting RB's out at one time, but Douglas has been a nice little work horse during that time as has Green. You will enjoy watching Douglas in relief of Gurley; he is old school.

The back-up QB-next years starter is Hutson Mason. He is a fifth year guy who has been behind Murray since coming to UGA. He was all everything in HS, record holder and all of that jazz...but it was all in Georgias highest classification too, and in the Atlanta area. He is a player, and knows the system. But this will only be his second career start, so it will be interesting to see what he has learned in the last four years.

as a side note: the Gator Bowl better known as Everbank Field, is where the annual UGA-UF game has taken place every year for about 80 years; fondly called the "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" or WLOCP...Georgia fans just call it the Cocktail Party or just "the party'...so bring plenty of bourbon. :cheers this is like another home game to us.

So, out for the bowl game is:

Mitchel - starting FLK

Wesley - starting SE

Marshal - starting RB

Murray - starting QB

Do I have that correct?

Also, I'm assuming Marshal was actually 2nd string until Gurley went down for a few games. Correct?

that should be it for missing starters...and they were all studs too...we have those first three for the full season and we are at least playing in the Sugar if not in Pasadena...they were that big of an impact.

marshall is technically the #2 TB, but he got nearly as many carries as Gurley. He is actually a tad faster than Gurley, but Gurley runs.....like he is mad at you. Marshall was always behind Gurley, but they were used together. In the bowl game, you will see Gurley as #1, then Douglas and Green mixed in....Douglas is the stumpy white kid that is kind of like a weeble.

So, out for the bowl game is:

Mitchel - starting FLK

Wesley - starting SE

Marshal - starting RB

Murray - starting QB

Do I have that correct?

Also, I'm assuming Marshal was actually 2nd string until Gurley went down for a few games. Correct?

In the bowl game, you will see Gurley as #1, then Douglas and Green mixed in....Douglas is the stumpy white kid that is kind of like a weeble.

And he will fumble the ball to Nebraska at THE most inopportune time (for Georgia, that is)

Just read in Stewart Mandel's Bowl Ranking (he ranks the Gator Bowl #15) that Todd Gurley is "one of the lone survivors of the Bulldogs' 2013 injury extravaganza."

That and this thread made me wonder - why are the Georgia injuries the story line here? Nebraska's had more than its share of injuries. Who all have we lost this year? Help me make this list:

Taylor Martinez - starting QB. Missed eight games, out for the bowl game.

Spencer Long - All-American Guard. Out for the season. Missed seven games

Jamal Turner - starting WR. Hurt sometime around game four. Missed six games. Probably back for the bowl game.

Quincy Enunwa / Kenny Bell - both hurt for most of the latter half of the season, but I don't think either missed a game.

Jake Long - starting TE. Missed four games. Should be healthy for the bowl game.

Jake Cotton - Left Guard. Missed at least two games, but I believe he's been back for the last couple.

Who am I missing? I know I'm missing several on the O Line, who missed at least a game if not more. Did we lose anyone on defense, aside from Thad Randle who was hurt on about every other play but kept gutting it out?

We had a dedicated injury thread going here.

Jake Cotton and Jeremiah Sirles (O line) both went down with sprained knees within a week of each other. Both are back

Sam Cotton and Cethan Carter both missed time at TE I believe.

Ameer (RB) has had a bum ankle since October.

Tommy Armstrong apparently hurt his ankle against MSU?

Didn't Taariq Allen (WR) get hurt again?

Westerkamp (WR) had a hip pointer at PSU

And Wullenwaber (WR) hung up his cleats from injuries, although he never saw significant playing time.

So, combining everyone's input, we have:

QB = Martinez, Armstrong

RB = Ameer with a bum ankle but is still playing

WR = Enunwa, Turner, Bell, Westercamp him pointer but kept playing, Allen, Wallenwabur

TE = Cotton, Carter

OL = Cotton, Long, Moudy, Sirles, Qvale,

Looking back at the starting lineup for the Wyoming game, that is 8 of the starting 11. The remaining 7 would be from their backups.

Not good.

I'm assuming the ones in red will be back for the bowl game.