The All-B1G Assistant Coaching team includes 0 NU coaches

Someone said this about Nebraska basketball on the radio the other day, but I thought it applied directly to Tim Beck and was the simplest way of describing his problems coaching an offense. The guy said, " sometimes you get so focused on what the opponent does, you forget to simply take care of what you do".

To me, this simple sentence is Becks only huge downfall. He fixes this and starts focusing ore on developing the things we do well, and incorporating those things into a creative and efficient strategy, then all will be fine. You don't have to be a "mad scientist" out there. Just establish what your team does well, then develop a scheme around that. To me, we try so many different looks, so many different plays out of so many different formations trying to fool "them". Reality is, we only fool ourselves.

Hope he gets it figured out. It shouldn't take this long to learn these things. On the job training at Nebraska, who woulda thunk it?

agree, Beck is like a kid who got a new chemistry set for Christmas.

young, inexperienced, learning as he goes. In honesty that is fine. As long as we see improvement next year. He had to deal with a lot of injuries, changes in lineups and matching new players to others. A lot along the same things the D went through. I understand the reasons for our record this year. Really not that disappointed with it. Just need to see major improvement next year, and hopefully some during the bowl game. We have invested a lot of time in this staff, from Bo on down. This could be the year they get it together and we start moving forward as a unit. We all saw some positives this year. We seem to be seeing a better effort at recruiting what we need. Never have too many linemen in this conference I guess.