The All-B1G Assistant Coaching team includes 0 NU coaches

http://btn.com/2013/12/10/dienhart-all-big-ten-assistant-coaching-team/ I know the list itself is meaningless, but it simply reaffirms what all of us already know: that Bo has surrounded himself with a group of assistant coaches that are either not pulling their weight, or are inexperienced and learning on the job. The only NU coach who came close to being on the list was Rich Fisher, who is probably my favorite assistant coach as well, along with Terry Joseph. So with the offseason upon us (sort of), what specific coaching changes do you want to see after the bowl game/NSD? I'll start: -We need a new OC. It's time to find a proven commodity as OC who won't continually sh#t the bed as a play caller. If I'm Bo, I go find my guy who runs the style of offense that I want to be run and then let him choose his assistants, with heavy recommendations to keep Garrison, Brown, and Fisher. -Get rid of Barney. He does nothing. I find it as no coincidence that he just moved from OL coach to TE coach, and this season the OL is as good as it has been in a LONG time, and the TE position was flat out underwhelming. -To go along with the last one, with the spot on staff open from Barney, hire another offensive assistant. Whether they pass the TEs on to Fisher/Garrison and hire a QB coach, or create a position elsewhere such as a dedicated special teams coach who knows what the hell they are doing. -Like I just said, find someone who can develop a quality special teams unit. I don't care how it's done, but our ST's are absolutely abysmal. -With the defense, I'm not opposed to finding a proven DC, but with the direction that this young defense is headed, continuity is key IMO. Keep the staff together on that side of the ball and stay the course. What say the rest of you?

http://btn.com/2012/12/21/dienhart-my-big-ten-all-assistant-coach-team/

Beck was 2012 OC pick last year. Barney was honorable mention last year, as he is again this year. After this injury plagued year on the offensive side of the ball, I think they both did a really good job with what they had. We need stablility at all the coaching positions to become consistent. Shuffling coaches around all the time leads to the problems with the team fumbling, getting penalties and going hot/cold all the time. I say we keep what we got and start rolling people next year.

http://btn.com/2013/...-coaching-team/ I know the list itself is meaningless, but it simply reaffirms what all of us already know: that Bo has surrounded himself with a group of assistant coaches that are either not pulling their weight, or are inexperienced and learning on the job. The only NU coach who came close to being on the list was Rich Fisher, who is probably my favorite assistant coach as well, along with Terry Joseph. So with the offseason upon us (sort of), what specific coaching changes do you want to see after the bowl game/NSD? I'll start: -We need a new OC. It's time to find a proven commodity as OC who won't continually sh#t the bed as a play caller. If I'm Bo, I go find my guy who runs the style of offense that I want to be run and then let him choose his assistants, with heavy recommendations to keep Garrison, Brown, and Fisher. -Get rid of Barney. He does nothing. I find it as no coincidence that he just moved from OL coach to TE coach, and this season the OL is as good as it has been in a LONG time, and the TE position was flat out underwhelming. -To go along with the last one, with the spot on staff open from Barney, hire another offensive assistant. Whether they pass the TEs on to Fisher/Garrison and hire a QB coach, or create a position elsewhere such as a dedicated special teams coach who knows what the hell they are doing. -Like I just said, find someone who can develop a quality special teams unit. I don't care how it's done, but our ST's are absolutely abysmal. -With the defense, I'm not opposed to finding a proven DC, but with the direction that this young defense is headed, continuity is key IMO. Keep the staff together on that side of the ball and stay the course. What say the rest of you?

http://btn.com/2012/...ant-coach-team/

Beck was 2012 OC pick last year. Barney was honorable mention last year, as he is again this year. After this injury plagued year on the offensive side of the ball, I think they both did a really good job with what they had. We need stablility at all the coaching positions to become consistent. Shuffling coaches around all the time leads to the problems with the team fumbling, getting penalties and going hot/cold all the time. I say we keep what we got and start rolling people next year.

PeLLLLini is nothing but consistent. 4 losses, a blowout or two, mental mistakes, turnovers galore, lack of discipline, questionable gameplans, no adjustments and getting routinely outcoached in big games. That's what we can count on...season after season after season....

Let's just say it. We'll never be happy with an OC unless he runs the ball 60 times a game.

No, if he passed effectively, it'd be fine. I don't necessarily want to turn into a Leach-esque offense, but if it worked, I wouldn't mind.

I'm sick of scratching my head and wondering why we're passing so much when it is clearly NOT WORKING. If it worked, I don't think anyone would complain. I think a lot of us have a problem with Beck because he seems to get away from our strength in the name of trying to be multiple or unpredictable. But it comes at a cost, because we don't run those plays successfully the majority of the time.

Let's just say it. We'll never be happy with an OC unless he runs the ball 60 times a game.

Actually that would be perfect. If they get 80 plays a game on offense 60 runs and 20 passes would be about right. I have no problem with passing some, but I have a big problem going 3 and out with 3 incomplete passes.

I understand Beck get's pass happy sometimes, there's no denying that. However, the "going away from what's working" is a one-sided argument. I've said it several times nobody I ever going to say, "Why is Beck running the ball the passing game was working". There's several times that the offense ran the ball 3 times and then punted.

I understand Beck get's pass happy sometimes, there's no denying that. However, the "going away from what's working" is a one-sided argument. I've said it several times nobody I ever going to say, "Why is Beck running the ball the passing game was working". There's several times that the offense ran the ball 3 times and then punted.

our rb's have been more productive than our wide receivers who keep dropping the ball. We are deep at rb's. also we should use a fullback more on short yardage situations.

Some people defend Beck with Beck's numbers.

EDIT - also, every post I make is more valid than everyone else's right now because I put a Santa hat on my avatar. I suggest that anyone who wants to be considered cool do the same.

Well, some of us can't figure it out.

EDIT - also, every post I make is more valid than everyone else's right now because I put a Santa hat on my avatar. I suggest that anyone who wants to be considered cool do the same.

Can't figure what out? You want a Santa hat? For you, I can make that happen. Check the mailbox outside your front door this evening at 5:45pm, your local time.

You check it at 5:43pm and I can't be responsible for what you see or what permanent damage it does to your psyche. 5:45pm. Book it.

Never said it didn't happen, just don't mind it as much. I am not against passing, if he wants to run the WR screen than they need to get a lot better at it. I like play action, how bout some waggle, that is the most sure fire pass play there is and we never run it. Play action boot with a TE dragging across for a nice 15 yard pick up. They is no reason waggle could not be run 2-3 times a game. Lots of teams do it. We saw virtually no dig routes thrown to this year. Very little other than a fly past 15 yards.

I guess I just don't like his passing game all that well.

Can't figure what out? You want a Santa hat? For you, I can make that happen. Check the mailbox outside your front door this evening at 5:45pm, your local time.

You check it at 5:43pm and I can't be responsible for what you see or what permanent damage it does to your psyche. 5:45pm. Book it.

Pacific or Central?