The All-B1G Assistant Coaching team includes 0 NU coaches

http://btn.com/2013/12/10/dienhart-all-big-ten-assistant-coaching-team/

I know the list itself is meaningless, but it simply reaffirms what all of us already know: that Bo has surrounded himself with a group of assistant coaches that are either not pulling their weight, or are inexperienced and learning on the job.

The only NU coach who came close to being on the list was Rich Fisher, who is probably my favorite assistant coach as well, along with Terry Joseph.

So with the offseason upon us (sort of), what specific coaching changes do you want to see after the bowl game/NSD?

I'll start:

-We need a new OC. It's time to find a proven commodity as OC who won't continually sh#t the bed as a play caller. If I'm Bo, I go find my guy who runs the style of offense that I want to be run and then let him choose his assistants, with heavy recommendations to keep Garrison, Brown, and Fisher.

-Get rid of Barney. He does nothing. I find it as no coincidence that he just moved from OL coach to TE coach, and this season the OL is as good as it has been in a LONG time, and the TE position was flat out underwhelming.

-To go along with the last one, with the spot on staff open from Barney, hire another offensive assistant. Whether they pass the TEs on to Fisher/Garrison and hire a QB coach, or create a position elsewhere such as a dedicated special teams coach who knows what the hell they are doing.

-Like I just said, find someone who can develop a quality special teams unit. I don't care how it's done, but our ST's are absolutely abysmal.

-With the defense, I'm not opposed to finding a proven DC, but with the direction that this young defense is headed, continuity is key IMO. Keep the staff together on that side of the ball and stay the course.

What say the rest of you?

Hire Mangino as OC, fire Cotton, hire Ganz for qbs.

http://btn.com/2013/...-coaching-team/

I know the list itself is meaningless, but it simply reaffirms what all of us already know: that Bo has surrounded himself with a group of assistant coaches that are either not pulling their weight, or are inexperienced and learning on the job.

The only NU coach who came close to being on the list was Rich Fisher, who is probably my favorite assistant coach as well, along with Terry Joseph.

So with the offseason upon us (sort of), what specific coaching changes do you want to see after the bowl game/NSD?

I'll start:

-We need a new OC. It's time to find a proven commodity as OC who won't continually sh#t the bed as a play caller. If I'm Bo, I go find my guy who runs the style of offense that I want to be run and then let him choose his assistants, with heavy recommendations to keep Garrison, Brown, and Fisher.

-Get rid of Barney. He does nothing. I find it as no coincidence that he just moved from OL coach to TE coach, and this season the OL is as good as it has been in a LONG time, and the TE position was flat out underwhelming.

-To go along with the last one, with the spot on staff open from Barney, hire another offensive assistant. Whether they pass the TEs on to Fisher/Garrison and hire a QB coach, or create a position elsewhere such as a dedicated special teams coach who knows what the hell they are doing.

-Like I just said, find someone who can develop a quality special teams unit. I don't care how it's done, but our ST's are absolutely abysmal.

-With the defense, I'm not opposed to finding a proven DC, but with the direction that this young defense is headed, continuity is key IMO. Keep the staff together on that side of the ball and stay the course.

Bo subscribes to the obama plan.........if you like your assistants you can keep your assistants!

• Fire 1
http://btn.com/2013/12/10/dienhart-all-big-ten-assistant-coaching-team/

I'll start:

Hire Mangino as OC, fire Cotton, hire Ganz for qbs.

I agree, but I wouldn't hire Ganz for QBs. I would hire someone older who has actually developed QBs. Our QB play is way too inconsistent

I'm a big fan of an OC change, which is about as likely as Beck getting struck by lightning. The Mutt-Fumble offense Beck runs is just painful to watch. Talk about an overpaid employee.

He's too much of an 'everything and the kitchen sink' guy. I'm pretty sure there is even a quote running around about adding a play after watching it on TV. No identity.

The thing is, for every assistant position we add, we need to get rid of a position. Nine assistant coaches at max, and two GAs. What assistant coaching position would we get rid of?

But I think you can add as many Strength Coaches as you want. Perhaps we should add couple of those.

edit: Am I wrong about having 2 GAs? We have four. How is that possible? LINK

You used to only get 2 GAs but they changed it to four a couple years ago.

So this Beck, he's the one everyone loved last year and were scared he'd be leaving for a head coaching job after this year, correct? But, after injuries to his All-Conference QB, All-American Guard, and 4 of the 5 starting offensive lineman being hurt at the same time, along with one of his most explosive WR's, Bo should just fire his azz??? Give me a break. Yup Beck's play calling was maddening a some points during the season, but so is every other Offensive Coordinator's, ask any other fan base. I have confidence in Beck, that with these two young QB's, he'll create an offense that will be very effective next year and beyond.

• Fire 4

So this Beck, he's the one everyone loved last year and were scared he'd be leaving for a head coaching job after this year, correct? But, after injuries to his All-Conference QB, All-American Guard, and 4 of the 5 starting offensive lineman being hurt at the same time, along with one of his most explosive WR's, Bo should just fire his azz??? Give me a break. Yup Beck's play calling was maddening a some points during the season, but so is every other Offensive Coordinator's, ask any other fan base. I have confidence in Beck, that with these two young QB's, he'll create an offense that will be very effective next year and beyond.

I have never been a huge Beck fan. His offense is constant in the fumbles, INT's and other assorted blunders. He gets all pass happy, abandons what is working too quickly, has no identity and makes several WTH calls per game for the last 3 years. If he goes, I won't be upset.

• Fire 2