On New Years Day a crowd exceeding 115,000 will ascend on Michigan Stadium

MichiganMan

Should be pretty awesome. I don't doubt they fill it especially after the debacle last season.

Cancelling the Winter Classic last season was a big deal. The majority of the Winter Classic games have been really awesome and all the "majesty" NBC creates surrounding the game makes it all that much better. I just can't wait for the State of Hockey (Minnesota) to finally get it's turn.

In the meantime, the 2014 seasons will be pretty epic for Minnesota and my camera. The Gophers will be playing their own outdoor game against Ohio State. Red Bull Crashed Ice is coming back again. The Twins will be hosting the MLB All Star game. The Vikings will return to the outdoors (at TCF Bank Stadium) while the new stadium is being built. I will be attending all of these events. I will be broke as hell but it will be awesome. Then when the Winter Classic finally comes to MN in 2016 (Fingers Crossed), i will have had enough time to save up, I will need every penny to secure just one ticket. But I will have my camera in tow!

Sorry, I get pretty excited thinking about the 2014 sports seasons.

Hbo is going to have several specials through December on the Toronto/Red Wing rivalry and players, they did these for other Winter classics and they are supposed to be pretty good. Here's some more info http://bleacherrepor...t-rivalry-clash

Also the MU vs MSU Big Chill game in 2010 game had 104k in attendance which is a record for a single hockey game attendance, this game should break it. Maybe I'll go, it's nice to be a part of history even for a bit.