Abdullah and Gregory NFL Status

Warrior10

Wouldn't blame Abdullah one bit if he left. I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned from Marlon Lucky. We were all on pins and needs because he was projected to be a second round pick. Stayed for his senior year and his stock was decimated.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter when you're that good. That's why he's starting in the NFL.

Starting in the NFL? Who are you talking about?

Wouldn't blame Abdullah one bit if he left. I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned from Marlon Lucky. We were all on pins and needs because he was projected to be a second round pick. Stayed for his senior year and his stock was decimated.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter when you're that good. That's why he's starting in the NFL.

I am wondering the same thing...

Sorry. Didn't realize I needed to use the 'sarcasm' emoticon for this.

Look, sometimes good college teams can elevate players' draft status, and sometimes better players on less-than-good have to go through the combine to prove themselves. At the end of the day, it all evens out. The NFL is just too big of a business for these teams to not evaluate absolutely everything about a player.

Abdullah is a top 7 RB regardless of class. He can pick 'em up and put em down with the best of them. He has a future on Sunday's. He would be a great fit in a offense like Seattle or New Orleans.

Thats more of a Husker heart overloading the facts of what the NFL looks for. He plays his tail off for every down, every game. But the facts are that he is small and lacks breakaway speed. His numbers are comparble with Rex's while Rex was a bit bigger. And he fell to the sixth round. Yes he was injured and that had an effect on his status (much like Ameer's propensity to fumble will have an affect on his). He probably compares more favorable with Woodhead, size and speed wise, and we all know he wasn't a hot comodity come draft time.

While I don't disagree that he might have a future on Sundays if/when he gets into the right situation, it's not going to come as a high draft pick.