Nebraska Dynasty....still the greatest

Nebraska From 1992-1997

69-6 (should have been 70-5, got screwed in `93)

3 undefeated seasons (should have been 4, got screwed in `93)

3 national titles (should have been 4, got screwed in `93)

Alabama from 2008-2013

72-9

1 undefeated seasons

3 national titles

the best run(s) by either team..

NU 23-0 `94 & 95

NU 49-2 `94-`97

NU 60-3 `93-`97 (should have been 61-2, got screwed in `93)

Bama is a great team....but not even close to the dominance we saw in the `90s from Nebraska.

• Fire 2

Not even close. Never was.

Some fun dynasty facts in regards to Bama.

They havent gone undefeated since '09.

They have 1 division-NOT CONFERENCE-division title since '09

They had to back their way into championship games after losing home games in November-TWICE

They lost as many games in one season as Nebraska did in an entire 5 year span (10-3 in 2010).

Cry all they want about competition this and SEC that, but facts are facts, and the discussion is over.

• Fire 5

Not even close. Never was.

Some fun dynasty facts in regards to Bama.

They havent gone undefeated since '09.

They had to back their way into championship games after losing home games in November-TWICE

They lost as many games in one season as Nebraska did in an entire 5 year span (10-3 in 2010).

Cry all they want about competition this and SEC that, but facts are facts, and the discussion is over.

/thread

I think at one point of the Sugar Bowl tonight they said that McCarron had only been sacked 11 times all year (of course he was sacked what 7...8 times tonight?)

I think it was `95 where Tommie Frazier was sacked 0 times. ZERO times...counting the bowl game. So the current Bama O-line...the one that was supposed to be as good as an NFL O-line...not near as good as Nebraska's 94-97 O-line.

• Fire 1

I think at one point of the Sugar Bowl tonight they said that McCarron had only been sacked 11 times all year (of course he was sacked what 7...8 times tonight?)

I think it was `95 where Tommie Frazier was sacked 0 times. ZERO times...counting the bowl game. So the current Bama O-line...the one that was supposed to be as good as an NFL O-line...not near as good as Nebraska's 94-97 O-line.

We didn't pass near as much though.

Sure, but we averaged 399.9 ypg on the ground. So, who the hell needs to pass as much?

i believe they won the conference last year. but those two still points, especially the second one, blow my mind.

If it was SINCE 2009, then last year was the one.

i believe they won the conference last year. but those two still points, especially the second one, blow my mind.

If it was SINCE 2009, then last year was the one.

i guess i thought the point was that they have just one division title since '09, but they also have a conference title since then.

Sure, but we averaged 399.9 ypg on the ground. So, who the hell needs to pass as much?

Good point. :lol: