Nebraska Dynasty....still the greatest

i guess i thought the point was that they have just one division title since '09, but they also have a conference title since then.

I think he was using that to illustrate how they've backed in to some titles. Although I'd like to point out that we have more division titles than Alabama over that time. chuckleshuffle

They have 1 division-NOT CONFERENCE-division title since '09

They had to back their way into championship games after losing home games in November-TWICE

i believe they won the conference last year. but, still, those two points, especially the second one, blow my mind.

Yeah, the BCS is pretty messed up that it basically decided that the national championship should be an SEC division championship in 2011. Really stupid.

To be honest, this Bama line has never been hyped as being great. It was supposed to be their weakness this year. Last year was the great Oline.

Still give them a lot of credit. Tougher to do these days than when we did it, but really is not even close. We had some good luck in that run for sure.

Really enjoyed seeing Oklahoma win tonight, I kinda like Bama, but just hate hearing the SEC chant. Not a word of it tonight after the game. Silence is golden!!! Hate to cheer for Florida State, but no more SEC champions please, not this year!!!!

They have 1 division-NOT CONFERENCE-division title since '09

They had to back their way into championship games after losing home games in November-TWICE

i believe they won the conference last year. but, still, those two points, especially the second one, blow my mind.

You are right. The won the conference last year, and their division. They did not in 2013, '11, or '10. They did in '09. ONE division championship in 4 years. Theyre so great, yet they cant even dominate their own conference division.

Not even close. Never was.

Disagree here. It was damn close.

It was one freak 109 yard punt return TD and two unknown games kind of close.

If Alabama would have won the title this year, I would have conceded 'best ever' to them. Despite everything you listed, 4 titles with 3 straight outweighs all of that compared to 3 titles with 2 straight.

But it didn't happen. So eff 'bama

• Fire 1

OU's little outside backer made their left tackle look like a fool all night. And what the heck with that Henry fella. He didnt play much all year, they said he really just emerged during bowl prep. What's the deal, holding out for a bigger contract and/or signing bonus?

Can you imagine what he was like in high school last year? Oh my goodness, how was a high school kid going to tackle him?

Course he looks like he might be 25 years old too.

Alabama played a much tougher schedule than Nebraska. 35 ranked teams vs. 24.

The SEC starts out with 5+ teams in the top ten for the last 5 years, and frontloaded ranking boost.

That's all nice and good but the "overrated" argument is a double edged sword. NU is the 5th most overrated team since '89 finishing a combined 80.5 spots below their preseason rankings so they too benefited from preseason inflation.

In that same time period Alabama is the 12 most underrated team finishing a combined 30.5 spots above their preseason rankings.

Alabama played a much tougher schedule than Nebraska. 35 ranked teams vs. 24.

The SEC starts out with 5+ teams in the top ten for the last 5 years, and frontloaded ranking boost.

That's all nice and good but the "overrated" argument is a double edged sword. NU is the 5th most overrated team since '89 finishing a combined 80.5 spots below their preseason rankings so they too benefited from preseason inflation.

In that same time period Alabama is the 12 most underrated team finishing a combined 30.5 spots above their preseason rankings.

That's all nice and good but while we're throwing out arbitrary stats and useless data, Nebraska has the most wins of any program in the modern era of CFB.

Not even close. Never was.

Disagree here. It was damn close.

It was one freak 109 yard punt return TD and two unknown games kind of close.

If Alabama would have won the title this year, I would have conceded 'best ever' to them. Despite everything you listed, 4 titles with 3 straight outweighs all of that compared to 3 titles with 2 straight.

But it didn't happen. So eff 'bama

Unfortunately (for the Huskers' sake), I have to agree. It's a lot tougher now than it was 15-20 years ago. Competition is more balanced. You can't just stockpile all the good players on a few teams.

Had 'Bama won this year, it would have at least been an equal task. They definitely needed plenty of help and the biggest argument against them would be the year they didn't even win their division but it's not the same playing field anymore. And it never will be again.