Bo's No's

By the time Iowa rolled around, Bo was walkin’ the Mile.

Everyone knew it.

Bo saw this and responded with the full force of his weapons-grade Youngstown, OH defiance.

Everyone knows this is Bo’s glaring weakness. The jutted chin. The clenched teeth. The goll-durn stubbornness. The utter willingness to look the rest of the world in the eye and suggest, nay command, that they all go attempt certain anatomical impossibilities with themselves.

To unflinchingly say “NO!” to every other offered way but the way he believes in.

Everyone knows this is going to sink him, sooner or later.

You know what ?

Bo knows everyone is wrong and I’ll take Bo over everyone and anyone any day.

Let me tell you why.

Some strawman arguments in here, but a good perspective and read.

http://breakfastnudityandaladder.com/2014/01/04/bos-nos/

So, not to be pile on Bo or anything, because what he's done with Jack has been great. But the whole Jack/Nebraska relationship started with Rex. And the TD run in the spring game was Jeff Jamrog's idea. Bo's gone along with everything and seems like he really is a good person off the field, but to credit everything around Nebraska football and Jack Hoffman to him is wrong and takes away from the guys who have also been doing good things.

• Fire 1

So, not to be pile on Bo or anything, because what he's done with Jack has been great. But the whole Jack/Nebraska relationship started with Rex. And the TD run in the spring game was Jeff Jamrog's idea. Bo's gone along with everything and seems like he really is a good person off the field, but to credit everything around Nebraska football and Jack Hoffman to him is wrong and takes away from the guys who have also been doing good things.

I thought it was CJ Zimmerer's idea.

That's the thing - I've heard it attribute to Zimmerer, Jamrog, and Bo.

Either way it's his program and the culture that led to it is his creation.

Zimmerer and Jamrog both seemed to agree with the "CJ brought the idea to Jamrog" version of the story. I don't recall ever hearing it was Bo's idea. This is news to me.

Zimmerer and Jamrog both seemed to agree with the "CJ brought the idea to Jamrog" version of the story. I don't recall ever hearing it was Bo's idea. This is news to me.

I don't know specifically where from, but I distinctly remember hearing or reading a version of it that went along the lines of 'they were trying to think of something special to do for the game and bo said 'what about jack?' yadda yadda

:dunno

Meh, either it's his idea or it isn't (and apparently it might be?). Either that or I can say it's his program and the culture led to Avery Moss showing his junk to convenience store clerks.

• Fire 1

I hate to be cynical, but this is too much. No one knows what the exact motivations were for those involved, but to pretend allowing the Jack run was some type of saintly act on Bo's part is absurd. It was a great moment and I'm glad Jack got to experience it, but it was also a huge PR plus for Bo and the program. There was absolutely no downside for anyone in allowing this. No sacrifice was made. And that's fine. But don't pretend this proves anything about anyone's character.

The article says character is revealed by how one treat's people one doesn't need. I would add to that, quite crucially, how one acts when no one is watching. Everyone was watching the Jack run.

Now before everyone jumps on me, I should reiterate: I'm not claiming Bo was using this is moment for his own gain in any way. I have no idea what mix of motivations was involved. I'm just saying this was a incredible moment for Jack, and we should be happy for that reason. We shouldn't use it to try to prove someone that suggested it or allowed it or whatever the case may be, is a great person. We have no idea.

• Fire 2