Michigan hires Nissmeier

He won't be nearly effective at UM, imo. Won't have the numerous All-American caliber linemen every single year AND a defense that gives up hardly anything. Also not convinced Gardner or Morris can make the throws needed for the O.

I believe Gardner could make the throws needed, if they can magically get an offensive line that can protect him. They also need a legitimate RB in the backfield so they have a running threat, rather than Gardner being their whole offense.

Well hopefully the next head under the axe is our O-line coach, who has done an absolutely horrible job developing the 4 & 5*'s we've recruited over the past few years. Hopefully they'll wait and let Nussmeier choose his own guy.

Love the hate ya'll. It seems most UM fans are pumped, everyone else is unimpressed. I'm excited. This offense under Borges has gone backwards and ya'll have seen it first hand.

I don't think its a great hire, good hire? Sure. I don't think Alabama's offense is elite by any means, even with all the talent they have. Just going to be interesting on what he does, especially when he has to deal with 4 year scholarships, unlike Alabama. Player wasn't what they expected, they got cut for a better athlete. Fortunately for us, he is going to have to work with what they have and will recruit.

Agree. Alabama's offense is nothing special. For that matter, their defensive scheme isn't all that special either. They just get superior athletes who are then well-coached in fundamentals.

So, basically what Michigan did for pretty much their entire existence?

Also it kind of makes you wonder. Was it a mutual separation from Saban? Nick even talked about the night of the NC game about sometimes having to reevaluate your program and progressing this and that bla bla bla. Maybe he's ready to take the offense in a different direction since folks are starting to score points on his defense.

And this guys offensive style is pretty much a perfect fit for what Hoke wants to do, which by the way, I have no idea why. It's like the guy wants to take 20 steps backwards in the timeline of college offense.

And this guys offensive style is pretty much a perfect fit for what Hoke wants to do, which by the way, I have no idea why. It's like the guy wants to take 20 steps backwards in the timeline of college offense.

They're going to run over people. He just didn't say where or when. ;)

run over people. Does it qualify as such when you have back to back games of negative rushing yards?

run over people. Does it qualify as such when you have back to back games of negative rushing yards?

I guess that would have been classified as back over people.

Well, he didn't really specify that it would be opponents either. So maybe he was saying that his RBs would have to run over his OLine to get anywhere? :dunno

Well, he didn't really specify that it would be opponents either. So maybe he was saying that his RBs would have to run over his OLine to get anywhere? :dunno

His oline ran over his qb and running backs, whilst they were running backwards?

Confusion remains. Big guys owes us an explanation.

I really don't get this hire. If he were I coordinator anywhere but Alabama, would he be desired? Sorry, I just don't think Alabama is that impressive offensively relative to the talent they pull in. I thin Michigan is grasping at straws, hoke is desperate because the fact he is a fraud is being exposed. Needed to make a splash hire to settle the natives. Living in Michigan, I can tell you all the lemming wolverines are beside themselves with this hire (at least the ones I talk to). They are not ready to admit their "Michigan man" hire may have been a mistake. Interesting to see how this works out with nearly 2 million a year on oc and cd alone, can money buy wins?