Frazier or young

What QB would you take for your team?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Die hard Nebraska fan. Have been for ever. Saw all of Nebraska's top QB's play. Tommy is good, but he does not compare with what we saw last nite in any way. The only place this question could possibly get a positive is in Nebraska.

Athletes today are superior to what they were in 95. Better competition throughout the country. Bigger faster and in general smarter due to accademic requirements by the NCAA. Tommy was a great Nebraska QB and that is about all than can be said. Does not compare to what we saw last nite. Sorry Tommy, I love ya, but reality is a word I deal with.

We are talking about todays team not 10 years ago.

There really is no comparison.

This is still the same Vince Young who was knocked around by ( below. 500) Texas A&M along with being out gained yardage wise by Texas A&M this year. Sure Texas still won, but they should've blown A&M out. A&M was below. 500 record wise. (4-7) Oklahoma St, had Texas on the ropes before Texas got it together.

Vince Young is a great QB, but not one of the best. IMO.

As for USC.

Notre Dame, Fresno St, Arizona St and back to back 3-8 losing seasons Arizona Wildcats, all had USC on the ropes this year.

Going into the fourth quarter USC was only up 28-21 over Arizona. USC needed a push to beat ND, and 5 turnovers in order to beat both Arizona St and Fresno St, had they not had this push and 5 turnovers, well you know the out come. USC would've lost at least 3 maybe four games.

Again great win, not trying to take anything away from Texas, but not that big of a deal beating USC. IMO

This is still the same Vince Young who was knocked around by ( below. 500) Texas A&M along with being out gained yardage wise by Texas A&M this year. Sure Texas still won, but they should've blown A&M out. A&M was below. 500 record wise. (4-7) Oklahoma St, had Texas on the ropes before Texas got it together.

Vince Young is a great QB, but not one of the best. IMO.

As for USC.

Notre Dame, Fresno St, Arizona St and back to back 3-8 losing seasons Arizona Wildcats, all had USC on the ropes this year.

Going into the fourth quarter USC was only up 28-21 over Arizona. USC needed a push to beat ND, and 5 turnovers in order to beat both Arizona St and Fresno St, had they not had this push and 5 turnovers, well you know the out come. USC would've lost at least 3 maybe four games.

Again great win, not trying to take anything away from Texas, but not that big of a deal beating USC. IMO

You know, I agree for the most part. I don't either of these teams match up against our '95 team or some of the Miami teams but USC carried a 34 game winning streak into that game. I don't care who you are, how you did it, who you played and it what conference, that's a feat. One you're going to see once a decade if that. Texas beat a team with two Heisman winners and more NFL prostects than there are teams to draft them. They beat a good team and I'm going to give them the credit they deserve.

And as far as Young, as a single game performance, that was one of the most impressive displays I've ever seen--college or pro.

Texas had a lot to over come in the Rose Bowl, 2 Heisman trophy winners a ton of future NFL players and home field advantage. My hats off to V. Young. He did it in the big game just like T. Frazier did in the Fiesta Bowl. Usc had a few lucky bounces go there way the last couple of years but so did Neb in their back to back years of 94-95. The kicked ball against Mizzo , Kan missing the extra point when they went for 2. Give USC credit you have to have some luck along the way to go undefeated.

All in all Tommie's my pick.

GBR!!!

It depends ...in my book. If we were running the option, I'd say Frazier, without a doubt. But, if the question is "which one would you rather have on your team TODAY (that is, with the WC offense), Young would have to be the choice. Kind of an odd question/poll.

You know, it's funny that before the game, all the analysts (sorry, but I can't stop harping on ESPN...they drive me crazy :wacko: ) were saying the Bush being drafted first was a foregone conclusion. Then the Rose Bowl and all you hear now is how Vince Young is SO GREAT..that they've NEVER seen a quarterback dominate a game so much.. and that he will be drafted first. They can certainly turn on a dime, cant' they!!

Young in a heartbeat. This is the huskerboard, but we are talking about 2 different QB's. All through this board we hear the option is dead and Frazier was an option QB so what would he do now? He probably wouldn't even be recruited by NU now. Young can pretty much do anything he wants to do when he has the ball. Sure, Frazier ran up and down the field every Saturday against (dare I say) the big 8, but face it, Brad Smith had Young-like game against NU this yr.

Yesterday on ESPN Herbstreet and Corso made positive remarks about Nebraska and Taylor. Felt both USC and Texas has reason for concern with Zac Taylor coming back. I know this does not fit here, but it is kinda cool that our current QB is being mentioned as a positive for the program. And that we are back in the game.