RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

Bussey Sr was really impressed with Riley but they are in a bit of a bind not knowing who the position coach will be before they would one to decide next week. Sounds like the visit couldn't have gone much better from their standpoint though

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Bussey-Riley-sit-down-33814480

Good news..hope it will be enough to keep him on.

Schaefer from 247 didn't think it would be based on the fact it will be our last contact with him until he decides, but who knows

Yeah, it's probably not enough, but the timing is tough here. There was only about a week from Riley's hiring to the dead period. Can't have asked him to cobble together a full staff that quickly.

I think the sticking point is that Bussey always had a soft spot in SEC country and a lot of schools there are recruiting him hard. If Bussey's timeline for a decision weren't so soon -- NSD isn't until February -- I don't think this would be an issue. But some of the schools he would be interested in might move on if he doesn't switch his commitment.

That said, if Bussey decides to flip and hold a spot in another school's recruiting class, expect Riley & co to come right back after him once the Nebraska staff is solidified.

Yes there is a spell and I have already performed it.

I also offered to buy Riley a Po-boy when he lands in NOLA.

I will take a Shrimp Po-boy please...Along with some Boudin and good Jambalaya. Can't find any in Las Vegas.

I'd mail you some but it would probably be cold by the time it got there!

Still appreciate the thought. Now lets hope Riley can pull some more magic with Bussey and have him reconfirmed his commitment. I just think this kid is going to be special.

Doesn't sound like Ron Brown is staying. That kinda bums me out. Riley apparently told Bussey he has it narrowed down to three candidates. One was his current RBs coach at Oregon State. He said Bussey will be impressed with the coach he hires.

Ron has been on the verge of retirement for a couple years, I wouldn't be surprised if he's decided to hang it up.

Doesn't sound like Ron Brown is staying. That kinda bums me out. Riley apparently told Bussey he has it narrowed down to three candidates. One was his current RBs coach at Oregon State. He said Bussey will be impressed with the coach he hires.

Oregon State RBs coach Chris Brasfield

I get the lack of appeal in increasing the # of Beavers imports, but... This guy is young (41). He was a GA at Oregon (albeit on defense) and TCU, coached RBs at Samford for 5 seasons, WRs at SW Texas State for 2, interned with the Titans and Raiders, scouted for Tamp Bay, and a whole lot of HS experience in Texas, Chicago, maybe elsewhere, including as a head coach.

I mean, heck. He's been everywhere. And he has 4 seasons with Oregon State under his belt. I don't know about his recruiting reputation but have to think he'd have a lot of inroads with different recruiting hotbeds. And I love that his experience is so extensive, coming from different places at every level of football, doing different things.

I'd be very happy with this guy. There's so much football in him.

Oregon State RBs coach Chris Brasfield

I get the lack of appeal in increasing the # of Beavers imports, but... This guy is young (41). He was a GA at Oregon (albeit on defense) and TCU, coached RBs at Samford for 5 seasons, WRs at SW Texas State for 2, interned with the Titans and Raiders, scouted for Tamp Bay, and a whole lot of HS experience in Texas, Chicago, maybe elsewhere, including as a head coach.

I mean, heck. He's been everywhere. And he has 4 seasons with Oregon State under his belt. I don't know about his recruiting reputation but have to think he'd have a lot of inroads with different recruiting hotbeds. And I love that his experience is so extensive, coming from different places at every level of football, doing different things.

I'd be very happy with this guy. There's so much football in him.

if i remember right he was named one of the top 50 recruiters by one of the services.