RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

I thought of this but didn't mention it....the staff didn't know Bussey was still in the loop, thought he had previously decommitted. Makes you worry how much the old staff is helping/able to help.

This is encouraging:

Kendall Bussey, Sr. said he's heard "nothing but good things" about Riley. One of Bussey's best friend, Charlie Camp, was a former assistant coach for Riley at Oregon State.

Visiting Tenn, A&M, and Indiana.

I've read on other sites that bussey and Riley have tweeted each other.

Haven't seen that. And I believe since Bussey hasn't signed financial papers that would actually be an infraction.
Why would that be an infraction? Having signed papers allows unlimited contact but having not signed them doesnt mean they cant contact each other at all. Also, if the recruit contacts the coach it makes a difference too.

If they haven't signed papers he can't know mention them by name. Tweeting at Kendall Bussey would be mentioning him by name.

You can send direct messages to people on twitter without making them visible to the public.

Yes, I know how twitter works. He said "they tweeted each other", not "they DM'd each other". I was just pointing out he can not and has not tweeted Bussey.

Eh, maybe he worded it wrong. If they were actually tweeting each other, you would be able to see it on their profiles.

I've read on other sites that bussey and Riley have tweeted each other.

Haven't seen that. And I believe since Bussey hasn't signed financial papers that would actually be an infraction.
Why would that be an infraction? Having signed papers allows unlimited contact but having not signed them doesnt mean they cant contact each other at all. Also, if the recruit contacts the coach it makes a difference too.

If they haven't signed papers he can't know mention them by name. Tweeting at Kendall Bussey would be mentioning him by name.

You can send direct messages to people on twitter without making them visible to the public.

Yes, I know how twitter works. He said "they tweeted each other", not "they DM'd each other". I was just pointing out he can not and has not tweeted Bussey.

Eh, maybe he worded it wrong. If they were actually tweeting each other, you would be able to see it on their profiles.

Yup, and I looked which is why I said they haven't tweeted each other.

Riley took so long to reach out because he thought Bussey was already decommitted. Why not contact all of the recruits right away to touch base and let them know you want them to stay, get their position of the staff change, and set up a plan to keep in contact?

Riley took so long to reach out because he thought Bussey was already decommitted. Why not contact all of the recruits right away to touch base and let them know you want them to stay, get their position of the staff change, and set up a plan to keep in contact?

There are a crapton of super important things Riley needed to do right away. And you can't just get a player's name and call him up. You could ruin everything that way if you don't know their parents' names and a bunch of other important details. Even for a 5 minute conversation there's stuff you'd need to know in this situation to make sure you don't sound like an idiot. Riley heard of some of these players for the first time on Thursday. (Or maybe he heard of them before but they were 4 star and not worth attempting to go after at his former school).

• Fire 4

There are a crapton of super important things Riley needed to do right away. And you can't just get a player's name and call him up. You could ruin everything that way if you don't know their parents' names and a bunch of other important details. Even for a 5 minute conversation there's stuff you'd need to know in this situation to make sure you don't sound like an idiot. Riley heard of some of these players for the first time on Thursday. (Or maybe he heard of them before but they were 4 star and not worth attempting to go after at his former school).

The lady speaks the truth!

I believe that if it was as easy as just calling up the recruits the minute you step off the plane, a coach as smart and seasoned as Riley would have done it. There was clearly a reason for not. And for any of us who don't know everything there is to know about recruiting to criticize his handling of this doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground

I believe that if it was as easy as just calling up the recruits the minute you step off the plane, a coach as smart and seasoned as Riley would have done it. There was clearly a reason for not. And for any of us who don't know everything there is to know about recruiting to criticize his handling of this doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground

Um.... yeah. Several people were saying that we really needed to be in contact with him but weren't. Riley, when he found out that was true, made arrangements to be in contact with him. So apparently Riley agrees with the people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

• Fire 2

Um.... yeah. Several people were saying that we really needed to be in contact with him but weren't. Riley, when he found out that was true, made arrangements to be in contact with him. So apparently Riley agrees with the people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

You can't possibly believe that Riley just blew him off until people tweeted him, do you?

You can't possibly believe that Riley just blew him off until people tweeted him, do you?

Doesn't really matter what you think. If recruits are saying things like "Haven't heard from the staff" or "they need to call Bussey ASAP" it means they should've done it sooner.

The fans aren't the ones saying this... the recruits in question are.

Intentionally no. And no one said he did. But the Busseys and other recruits couldn't figure it out. Hopefully they believe it was a misunderstanding. I'm sure it was, albeit a particularly unfortunate one for the Huskers.