RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

Dad says he's committed for now. Really don't think he stays. Says we have a good chance if Brown and/or Fisher stay. And depends on the new offensive philosophy.

I am told that #Huskers RB commit Kendall Bussey Jr. is remaining committed to Nebraska, but keeping his options at this point in time.

As it has been noted elsewhere, I think there is a really good chance that Brown stays. At the end of the day it is KB's decision on where he wants to play and we should all be understanding of that. There is no reason for individuals to attack anyone (players, recruits, etc.) on twitter. It is quite embarrassing.

He apparently still has a spot here, regardless of injury, according to Eichorst's statement yesterday about honoring our current commitments. It is a shame, for him and the other recruits, that the coaches they built relationships with may be leaving, but I am sure we'll have the staff settled in plenty of time for the kids to make an informed decision. The best we can hope for is that they wait and give the new staff a fair shot.

Based on what I have seen and read about Bussey, he could be a game changer for any team. But even with Abdullah leaving, we have a very strong lineup of RB's. losing him doesn't all of a sudden diminish our ability to run the football regardless of who the coach is.

Respectfully disagree somewhat.

The difference between Cross, Newby and the others vs. Ameer is a pretty wide gulf. It was especially apparent when AA was out and injured this year.

Bussey may indeed be an upgrade if we get him, but without him (pending Wilbon), we will be noticably diminished.

Based on what I have seen and read about Bussey, he could be a game changer for any team. But even with Abdullah leaving, we have a very strong lineup of RB's. losing him doesn't all of a sudden diminish our ability to run the football regardless of who the coach is.

The difference between Cross, Newby and the others vs. Ameer is a pretty wide gulf. It was especially apparent when AA was out and injured this year.

Bussey may indeed be an upgrade if we get him, but without him (pending Wilbon), we will be noticably diminished.

How much our offense is diminished by depends a lot on what type of offense our new OC runs. Who knows, maybe we can plug Stanton into the system and go to more of a spread offense (I know I know, most Husker fans would hate that, but I'm game for anything as long as it works).

Good points. But I believe if Cross was used differently, he would have been more effective. He was clearly a downhill runner that was better when he was lead with the ball instead of standing next to the QB like Ameer. I just think a different system could bring out different qualities in the running backs.