OG Jackson Perry [Dartmouth Commit]

Could be but I'm not sure where we are at guard. We haven't offered many guys who are listed at guard - although we could be planning to move someone currently listed as a tackle inside. Or we have a good feeling about someone who is yet to get an offer - Frantz, Hortlof, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Will take another visit here this summer. Also visiting several Ivy League schools.

I thought with Gates we'd have an in here but I get the feeling we're down the list. Pretty interested in the Ivy League and speaks highly of UCLA's medial school.

Any chance we have cooled on him? We already have Decker at OG and you would think we will only take 1 more OG.

This is possible. Seen a couple reports that we're only looking at one more OL for now and probably a tackle.

• 4 weeks later...

Perry is talking about visiting Nebraska again this month. I could see a #Boom out of this visit (which would be interesting for our # b/c the thought is that we only take one more OL and most likely a OT, though Perry is an OG). I say this because he was ready to commit during his spring game visit, but the coaches and his dad told him to wait because he wanted to visit some Ivy League schools first. He has made those visits, remains uncommitted, and is now planned to revisit Nebraska. Plus, we have Nick Gates (his former HS teammate) to help with peer-recruiting.

Perry is talking about visiting Nebraska again this month. I could see a #Boom out of this visit (which would be interesting for our # b/c the thought is that we only take one more OL and most likely a OT, though Perry is an OG). I say this because he was ready to commit during his spring game visit, but the coaches and his dad told him to wait because he wanted to visit some Ivy League schools first. He has made those visits, remains uncommitted, and is now planned to revisit Nebraska. Plus, we have Nick Gates (his former HS teammate) to help with peer-recruiting.

I would guess the staff wants him at DT, which is what Rivals lists him as. With Newell moving to DE, they are probably looking to take another DT.

I would guess the staff wants him at DT, which is what Rivals lists him as. With Newell moving to DE, they are probably looking to take another DT.

Not sure about the OG to DT idea for Perry. We have the Davis twins at DT, Daishon at DE, and are in on a couple of good DE to round out the class. I think 4 at DL is the limit for this class, but I could be wrong. As far as Newell, he could see playing time this year at DE because of depth issue at that position, but I would expect him to slide back inside for his sophomore year and beyond.

Not sure about the OG to DT idea for Perry. We have the Davis twins at DT, Daishon at DE, and are in on a couple of good DE to round out the class. I think 4 at DL is the limit for this class, but I could be wrong. As far as Newell, he could see playing time this year at DE because of depth issue at that position, but I would expect him to slide back inside for his sophomore year and beyond.

In a class this small, you can't ever go wrong with a guy who has experience (and can play well) at multiple positions.

• 1 month later...

Can we please change his thread title to show him as a DT?

Not sure why we'd want to do that since we're recruiting him at OG.

I thought it was well established that we are full at OG and are pursuing Perry at DT as is pretty much every other school as evidenced by Rivals, 247, and ESPN all changing his profile position to DT now.

No, we are full at DT (Davis twins). Reports have varied on if we are done at three OL or if we'd take a fourth but we seem to be open to a fourth OL if we find one we like (Bar Milo, Mike Arnold, Perry, etc.)

Everything indicates the staff taking another OT if we get one we like, everything I have read says we are done at OG. If you have read differently, then perhaps this has changed and I missed it. With Curry leaving I think the staff is open to taking another DT as they only took 1 last year.