OG Jackson Perry [Dartmouth Commit]

Halftime with Gorman dominating the supposed #1 team in the country.

Overall, I like what I see from Perry. I really wasn't sure what to think about him but he was solid. Played probably 80% of the snaps on both sides of the ball - which is saying something by itself for the probably-going-to-be #1 team in the country - and held his own against a very good team. Didn't make any great plays - which probably isn't expected from an interior lineman against a great team - but didn't really miss any either. The only thing I saw him miss was he didn't hold a block long enough on a screen.

I was most impressed with his pursuit. He's listed at 285 and if that is correct he carries the weight extremely well. Chased down a very quick RB about 15 yards downfield once and pursued well on several plays from his DT spot.

With how well he moves, I think he could be a great OG for us. Definitely has the feet to pull as we often ask our guards to do.

• Fire 1

Halftime with Gorman dominating the supposed #1 team in the country.

Overall, I like what I see from Perry. I really wasn't sure what to think about him but he was solid. Played probably 80% of the snaps on both sides of the ball - which is saying something by itself for the probably-going-to-be #1 team in the country - and held his own against a very good team. Didn't make any great plays - which probably isn't expected from an interior lineman against a great team - but didn't really miss any either. The only thing I saw him miss was he didn't hold a block long enough on a screen.

I was most impressed with his pursuit. He's listed at 285 and if that is correct he carries the weight extremely well. Chased down a very quick RB about 15 yards downfield once and pursued well on several plays from his DT spot.

With how well he moves, I think he could be a great OG for us. Definitely has the feet to pull as we often ask our guards to do.

that was exactly what i was gonna say... but i was just gonna say 'he good at de football'

That's kind of been my question for awhile - even before we got the 2016 commits. But the coaches still seem to be after him so they must like him.

My guess is his versatility gives him an edge. If we end up with enough on the OLine, he could play DT. We already have the Davis twins who are expected to play DT but at least one of them could also play DE so we have some flexibility.