The Imperial President - Yes or No

I don't think I said that is how the founders wanted it. I said we have used the same constitution for the last 225 years.

Aren't we arguing how government should function right now?

you kept mentioning that you did not believe the founders would want a 40 year career politician (in a thread about obama?):

Do you think the situation I described where you constantly create more politicians every two terms will shrink government? This is important.

I don't know if it would create more politicians or not, but I don't think the founders of our nation envisioned 40 year career politicians in the federal government.

we do argue about how government should function, i was lamenting over the fact that the founders' intent gets brought up.

Ok, the only thing I say about our founders is that I don't think they envisioned 40 year career politicians and it gets twisted into meaning that I think we should be doing things the same all the time. As you said in an earlier post the constitution is written in a way that it can be interpreted differently at different times throughout history.

Let me explain in another way, we have too many politicians that being a politician is their profession, that IMO is not right. Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin all had professions. They made a living in other ways, be it as a planter, lawyer, or printer.

Obama, Clinton, Christie, Barney Frank, Hal Daub, and the countless other numbers of congressmen/senators and governors in this country are professional politicians. That is what they do, to many of them have never worked in the private sector at all. Because of that they think that government is the solution to all things. I don't agree with that.

I am not saying that all are like that, there are lots that have had successful careers outside of public office, but we have to many that it is their career.

Again just my opinion.

nothing wrong with your opinion, i just do not like arguing the founders' intent.

where do you see career politicians only thinking that the gov't can be the solution to our problems? even obamacare is not gov't ran healthcare. it is merely some regulations that were put in place in a largely unregulated (and extremely powerful) industry and a public option.

nothing wrong with your opinion, i just do not like arguing the founders' intent.

where do you see career politicians only thinking that the gov't can be the solution to our problems? even obamacare is not gov't ran healthcare. it is merely some regulations that were put in place in a largely unregulated (and extremely powerful) industry and a public option.

Now that p pretty good, are you saying that our president, a career politician, doesn't think that the federal government is the solution to all the problems in this country?

I don't think I said that is how the founders wanted it. I said we have used the same constitution for the last 225 years.

Aren't we arguing how government should function right now?

you kept mentioning that you did not believe the founders would want a 40 year career politician (in a thread about obama?):

Do you think the situation I described where you constantly create more politicians every two terms will shrink government? This is important.

I don't know if it would create more politicians or not, but I don't think the founders of our nation envisioned 40 year career politicians in the federal government.

we do argue about how government should function, i was lamenting over the fact that the founders' intent gets brought up.

Ok, the only thing I say about our founders is that I don't think they envisioned 40 year career politicians and it gets twisted into meaning that I think we should be doing things the same all the time. As you said in an earlier post the constitution is written in a way that it can be interpreted differently at different times throughout history.

Let me explain in another way, we have too many politicians that being a politician is their profession, that IMO is not right. Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin all had professions. They made a living in other ways, be it as a planter, lawyer, or printer.

Obama, Clinton, Christie, Barney Frank, Hal Daub, and the countless other numbers of congressmen/senators and governors in this country are professional politicians. That is what they do, to many of them have never worked in the private sector at all. Because of that they think that government is the solution to all things. I don't agree with that.

I am not saying that all are like that, there are lots that have had successful careers outside of public office, but we have to many that it is their career.

Again just my opinion.

Every politician had to have a job before entering office. You cant even run for these positions until you are in your 30's. Obama, Christie, Clinton are all lawyers. And all held jobs before being elected. And as others have pointed out, the founding fathers had decades in politics also. Its just that the high school history class covers decades in a chapter, so people who are not paying attention, and hate dates, don't notice these guys were involved for decades. People need to learn some perspective. The past was not always better, its just romanticized that way.

Now that p pretty good, are you saying that our president, a career politician, doesn't think that the federal government is the solution to all the problems in this country?

You really believe that? You can't seriously think businessmen are better left without regulation?

i think it is funny that obama is now labeled a career politician when before he ran for president he was criticized as nothing more than a 'community organizer' with no real experience. frankly, i want my president to have experience in government so they know what they are doing and can be effective.

but, i keep asking you where you specifically see obama thinking the only solution to our problems is the federal government. instead of giving me one example, you ask me if i am saying that our president, "a career politician", does not think that the federal government is the solution to all the problems in this country. no, i do not think he thinks that. i would like to know why you think that, other than because he is a 'career politician'. what has he specifically done, or any president, that would give you the impression that they think the only solution is the federal gov't.

• Fire 4

You really believe that? You can't seriously think businessmen are better left without regulation?

Where in my statement did I say businessmen would be better without regulations?

I prefer politicians to have some type of experience being successful in something other than politics. I believe they need real world experience to know how their decisions affect normal people. In a perfect world, I think the group should be made up of lawyers, business people, medical people and then a mixture of other professions and experiences.

I wish people would work in a career until they were at least in their 50s before they ever even thought about getting into national politics.

I prefer politicians to have some type of experience being successful in something other than politics. I believe they need real world experience to know how their decisions affect normal people. In a perfect world, I think the group should be made up of lawyers, business people, medical people and then a mixture of other professions and experiences.

I wish people would work in a career until they were at least in their 50s before they ever even thought about getting into national politics.

Seems like lots of politicians Lane Kiffin their way from one office to another before, quick enough that their suckitude is never fully realized. Sweet gig if you can get it.

Seems like lots of politicians Lane Kiffin their way from one office to another before, quick enough that their suckitude is never fully realized. Sweet gig if you can get it.

And, that's what I don't like. I'm not a real fan of someone who gets out of college and has immediate aspirations of getting into politics only to get one position and start campaigning right away for the next. They end up at a high position because they look nice in a suit and can say all the right things while giving a pretty speech. Meanwhile, they have absolutely no real world experience to be able to make good decisions once they are there.

About Rebel Pundit (according to Rebel Pundit):

Rebel Pundit was founded by Jeremy Segal, a Chicago anti-activist and continues as a group effort based in Chicago, the belly of the progressive beast. The blog is a beacon of truth, showing the unholy alliance of the mainstream media, Republican establishment and the progressive Democratic Party . Our team takes to the field with cameras to show what isn’t aired in Chicago and beyond. The members of Rebel Pundit believe that exposing the true nature of liberalism to the American people is a top mission.

That said, poor blacks have much more reason to complain about Obama's action (or inaction) than the "job creators" or the "bitter clingers."