College football players union

i havent read this entire forum so i apologize ahead of time if this has been discussed.

I understand that the universities make money from football and the players that play. selling like jerseys etc...

if the players unionize, why don't the universities give schollys to kids that actually would love to have a paid education and love the game. Replacement players. The game possibly would take a hit athletically, but it would still be the college game that I love. From my prospective, the vast majority of student athletes aren't generating income based on their specific "likeness". Its the few star players the universities have promoted that sells jerseys.

Fans that appreciate the game are going to buy tickets no matter who is on the field. Because they love their TEAM and the sport of football. Sure some schools like Baylor won't fill stadiums because they lack an RG3. But the majority of schools are still going to have the same average attendance of the last 20 years or more because the fans take pride in their team, their love for the game, and the atmosphere with College football.

I think athletes and fans alike, who are FOR paying the players should take a step back, remember why we love this game, and look at the landscape of college football where it is today vs. 20 years ago. The purism of the game is disappearing right in front of our faces and no one is taking a second to take a deep breath and realize this.

So, bring on the replacements!!! Give that kid who has been overlooked a shot at a big time program, make his dreams come true and he might show you how good he can become.... maybe even realize that NFL dream that everyone overlooked

Force players to choose to unionize before they receive a letter of intent. If they want to unionize, don't sign them. That would nip that right in the butt.

That is a fantastic idea...except for one point.....it would never fly.

Let's say all the schools agree to do this. Every school goes out and gets players that actually want to be there for the education and love of the game. Hmmm....Then some school like Alabama or LSU goes out and slips a little extra to some players to come in, they start winning everything. The fans of the rest of the schools revolt claiming their coach doesn't have a friggen clue what he is doing. He is lazy on recruiting and needs to be fired. The next coach comes in after seeing what happened and realizes...hey...I need to get the same type of players that Alabama and LSU are getting or I'm going to get fired to and the process starts all over again and we end up back right where we started.

Chris Emma@CEmmaScout 6m

A high-placed #Northwestern source believes the union receives in the range of 60 'No' votes out of 75 players.

Very interesting.

If a vast majority of players don't agree with the side show the starting QB has caused for the program right in the middle of when they are supposed to be working their azzes off during spring ball, how is that going to play out next year during fall camp and the season. Is he going to be able to be the leader the team needs? If he complains about something is the team going to blow him off as a whiner?

I'm not really seeing a lot of team unity at Northwestern next year.

Chris Emma@CEmmaScout 6m

A high-placed #Northwestern source believes the union receives in the range of 60 'No' votes out of 75 players.

Very interesting.

If a vast majority of players don't agree with the side show the starting QB has caused for the program right in the middle of when they are supposed to be working their azzes off during spring ball, how is that going to play out next year during fall camp and the season. Is he going to be able to be the leader the team needs? If he complains about something is the team going to blow him off as a whiner?

I'm not really seeing a lot of team unity at Northwestern next year.

He's graduating.

• 1 year later...