Carricker coming back!!!!!!

Just read in the LJS that Adam decided to come back and enjoy his senior year as a Husker. This is great news. Now we will have one less hole to fill next year and get back a true leader and someone that should be the D captain next year. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Thanks for the info bro, I do not have time to search all of the papers so I come here for any HUSKER news. see you in april or may

Defensive end Carriker decides against turning pro

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 - 01:04:23 am CST

Junior defensive end Adam Carriker (90), who led the Huskers with 9.5 sacks and 19 quarterback hurries in 2005, has decided against making himself available for April's NFL Draft. (Ted Kirk)

After toying with the idea of entering the NFL Draft this year, Nebraska junior defensive end Adam Carriker said Friday he plans to remain a Husker.

“I think the decision has pretty much been made,” Carriker said from his home in Kennewick, Wash. “I’m going to come back and enjoy my senior year.”

Last week, two days before Nebraska’s 32-28 Alamo Bowl victory against Michigan, the 6-foot-6, 285-pound Carriker said there existed a slight chance he would skip his senior season to enter the draft. He said at the time he might seek input from a draft advisory committee to gauge his stock, but that he was “90 percent” sure he was coming back.

Carriker said Friday he no longer plans to seek input from the advisory board.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL Draft is Jan. 15.

Last year at this time, Nebraska nose tackle Le Kevin Smith sought input from the advisory board before deciding to return for his senior season. Smith and Carriker played prominent roles in helping the Huskers improve from a 5-6 record last year to 8-4 this season.

Playing injury-free for the first time in his college career, Carriker this season finished with a team-high 91/2 sacks. He also recorded a career-high 51 tackles and 19 quarterback hurries, eight more than any other Nebraska defender. He was an Associated Press first-team All-Big 12 selection and was named defensive MVP in a vote of teammates.

Nebraska second-semester classes begin Monday. The Husker football team begins winter conditioning Jan. 20.