Tim Miles: Matchmaker

Mavric

Haack, who works in advertising in Lincoln, contacted Miles via Twitter before the Huskers played at Purdue early in January, thinking the coach might have a few minutes on the plane trip. Miles responded right away, they exchanged a few emails, and a few days later Haack had a video.

“I was pretty excited. I think I was about as excited that he made the video as I was hoping she would be for the question,” he said. “I was pretty pumped.”

In the video, Miles said he heard that Conradt was a fan and thanked her for her support. He mentioned their first date and said Haack was going to be asking her a question.

And that's what Haack did Tuesday night, when he recreated their first date. He told Conradt he had a video to show her, and then went down on one knee and asked her to marry him.

OWH Article

We're gonna be needing to man up big time to hold on to this guy here in the next few years.

7 year contract already I believe.......

Yes, but contracts have proven time and time again that they mean nothing. However, i think Miles has the respect and character to hold up his end.

Yes, I agree (and that was part of my unstated inference). I really believe Miles is a different king of guy than the Petrinos of the coaching world. Plus, if (When), he is successful, it will already be in the best basketball conference in the country, so there won't be a lot of move opportunities that would be considered huge upgrades.

We're gonna be needing to man up big time to hold on to this guy here in the next few years.

7 year contract already I believe.......

Yes, but contracts have proven time and time again that they mean nothing. However, i think Miles has the respect and character to hold up his end.

If he gets this thing to where I think he can, character or not, when one of the big boys come calling with the $, Nebraska will have to show how dedicated we really are to generating our basketball program. You have places like Duke, Carolina, Syracuse who are all gonna be seeing coaches retiring here before long. I know that sounds like an absurd thought right now, but you never know. But who knows, maybe he would be the kind of guy to just stay with what he built.

Miles has proven he can build up other teams. But you can only build up small schools so much before you just can't get the players and don't have the funding to recruit nationally. With Nebraska obviously opening up the checkbook and a solid group of assistant coaches right now I really think we could become really good in a few years. If we can muster up an NCAA bid next year and get our name out there, it will have the attention of big names to come visit, and after that anything is possible.