Best Husker Football Paid Subscription

I apologize if there is already a thread pertaining to this in here... I didn't find one (that is recent anyway).

Besides Huskerboard of course, and it being the best Husker info. site there is on the planet, I am looking to subscribe to a service, publication, or web service/publication but want to join the one with the best information and the resources to get that info. out the quickest? I am looking for anyone's opinion on this, so I can evaluate everyone's input. Every single person's opinion matters a lot and is greatly appreciated!

I have heard of HuskerIllustrated of course but is this the best or are there others?

Thanks!

I was a paying member of HuskersIllustrated for a year or two.

I haven't been on there for a while, but if the paid board is ANYTHING like the free board, I'd say stay away at all costs as that place is a negative, cancerous cesspool. Virtually no optimism to be found anywhere.

I would likely recommend 24/7 - a lot of the staff and members that made Rivals great seemed to move over with that launch. Of course, this is just an outsiders perspective, and with twitter and our own resident "insiders", it's likely you won't find any super secret info any faster than the rest of us.

• Fire 1

It has always amazed me that people would be willing to pay for information that is free, that comes out at the same time on pay sites as it does here, and often is here first. The university, the coaches or the players themselves are the source of this information. We have direct access to them through their twitter accounts, their FB posts, or news releases, all of which are disseminated publicly.

What would you need to pay for?

I'm not too familiar with any of the services, although Huskerboard's own GMoose 'graduated' into HuskersIllustrated and I believe they got a good one. :thumbs

The information will always get out there. I suppose most people who pay do so to champion a certain team of writers for producing quality, premium reading material. I've never felt the urge to do that, though, because there is so much quality, free reading material out there. Especially for sports, and this goes for ESPN insider content too, and so on ... but everyone has different thresholds for how much they want to read and how much they're willing to pay for more, if at all.

I'm glad, though, that the collective enthusiasm of Husker fans leads to some outstanding content being produced and discussed on here, around the year. For instance, how many Rivals/247 writers do you think wax as beautiful as this guy?:

And as we brace ourselves to face the toughest test of this season, we are, like Gondolin, undermanned...

In the end, Gondolin fell. Betrayed from within (Meaglin as The Leaker is apt, if a bit contrived), weak at the time of its greatest need, still Gondolin found itself helped by heroes - often unlooked-for.

Anyone who has read the tale of the Fall of Gondolin cannot help but recall the great deeds of the city's greatest warriors: Tuor and Glorfindel and Ecthelion of the Fountain. But among the wrack and ruin of the falling city, even the ordinary, the second-string, if you will, rose to the test.

One such was Rog, leader of the Folk of the Hammer, smiths who wrought beautiful things, but who daily toiled with unlovely hands. Common folk.

Looking out upon the destruction of his beloved city, seeing before him a host of orcs, dragons and Balrogs whose whips and swords of flame so terrorized his people, Rog knew in his heart that his city was lost.

But Rog did not shrink under the terror of the enemy before him...

Those who stand tall at the last, win or lose, will be heroes.

I mean, holy crap.

It has always amazed me that people would be willing to pay for information that is free, that comes out at the same time on pay sites as it does here, and often is here first. The university, the coaches or the players themselves are the source of this information. We have direct access to them through their twitter accounts, their FB posts, or news releases, all of which are disseminated publicly.

My family are all Big time Husker fans and some of them elect to be involved with a pay site. I can recall 4 times in the past year HB had the data and it was in before theirs!

:laughpound at paying for data that you can get right here!

I was a member of the Scout premium board for a long time, but when the great exodus of Huskermax and then Rivals happened, it's become just as insufferable.

While you were there, did you get any truly "inside" info that you couldn't get anywhere else?

A few years ago, we did. I mean, there was the usual scuttlebutt that hit before the news got it, but there was some decent "insider" stuff posted as well. The problem was, a few of the guys who were regulars with good info were run off.

I'd pay for a site that organizes things a little better. Not saying Huskerboard isn't organized, but it's a message board. So if you want to see updates on a kid, you've got to sift through 5 pages of random opinions on whether he does steroids or just comes from a naturally strong family. There's more data/information that comes with the membership than just the message boards. Now, I haven't found a pay site that does a great job of organizing all of this crap...so I don't pay. And, like many said, 247 is about as close as it gets. But if one ever comes long that does it great, sign me up.

While you were there, did you get any truly "inside" info that you couldn't get anywhere else?

A few years ago, we did. I mean, there was the usual scuttlebutt that hit before the news got it, but there was some decent "insider" stuff posted as well. The problem was, a few of the guys who were regulars with good info were run off.

Ha; nice signature pic saunders45!

Guess that means I need to put up something like this since I am an intern... haha

sport-graphics-weightlifting-873921.gif