Big 10 Bubble Watch

Excel

B1G Bubble Watch  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

you can not finish 4th in the B1G and get left out. that would be a joke. especially because nebraska earned that fourth spot.

Hey now, Washington won the Pac-12 a couple years ago and didn't make the tournament. That being said, I think the resume is already solid enough, especially since the committee looks at the last 8 or 10 games played.

I didn't believe you at first, it just didn't sound right, but you're correct. I don't stay very plugged in to college basketball so I missed that. They were 21-10 going into selection. Only California and Colorado (TCC) made it from the PAC-12 that year (2011). Weird.

On a side note this has been an odd year for the Big Ten. I don't know if the conference has a ton of parity or is just really weak but it's been 20 years (1993-1994) since the Big Ten last had a year without at least one team having less than five conference wins. That year the conference had 6/11 teams make the tourney and two of those made the Elite 8 so maybe it's parity.

But on to the Conference Tourney, how do you see it playing out?

bracket2-mov-still001.jpg

If Ohio St wins as they should, that's gonna be tough. We split with them, home teams winning. And they seem to be getting some things figured out. If we can get by them, I really like our chances against Michigan. Really hard to beat a team 3 times in one season, and you know our guys would be very motivated after their last showing against UM. At that point, we're already in the "anything can happen" mode.

you can not finish 4th in the B1G and get left out. that would be a joke. especially because nebraska earned that fourth spot.

Hey now, Washington won the Pac-12 a couple years ago and didn't make the tournament. That being said, I think the resume is already solid enough, especially since the committee looks at the last 8 or 10 games played.

I didn't believe you at first, it just didn't sound right, but you're correct. I don't stay very plugged in to college basketball so I missed that. They were 21-10 going into selection. Only California and Colorado (TCC) made it from the PAC-12 that year (2011). Weird.

On a side note this has been an odd year for the Big Ten. I don't know if the conference has a ton of parity or is just really weak but it's been 20 years (1993-1994) since the Big Ten last had a year without at least one team having less than five conference wins. That year the conference had 6/11 teams make the tourney and two of those made the Elite 8 so maybe it's parity.

Illinois beats Indiana.

Ohio State beats Purdue.

Penn State beats Minnesota.

Iowa beats Northwestern.

Michigan beats Illinois.

Nebraska beats Ohio State.

Wisconsin beats Penn State.

Iowa beats Michigan State.

Michigan beats Nebraska (it's a close one again).

Wisconsin beats Iowa.

Wisconsin beats Michigan.

Illinois beats Indiana.

Ohio State beats Purdue.

Penn State beats Minnesota.

Iowa beats Northwestern.

Michigan beats Illinois.

Nebraska beats Ohio State.

Wisconsin beats Penn State.

Iowa beats Michigan State.

Michigan beats Nebraska (it's a close one again).

Wisconsin beats Iowa.

Wisconsin beats Michigan.

Something is relay screwy with your projections.