Nebraska's body of work is better than its record probably suggests

An interesting article by Gary Parrish on Nebrasketball.

Yes, Nebraska is 14-10 overall, 6-6 in the Big Ten, and I realize that doesn't sound like much. But the Huskers have three top-50 RPI wins, and just three losses outside of the top 50, which means they have as many top-50 wins as Ohio State, Virginia, Louisville, Memphis and Connecticut (and one more than Kentucky), and fewer losses outside of the top 50 than North Carolina, Kansas State, Georgetown, Missouri, Xavier and Minnesota.

Rest of article here.

Good perspective.........But....

Those already penciling us in the Dance need to realize that, just as any game remaining on the schedule is winnable, so too, is it imminently losable. Starting Thursday!

Exactly. When we have been in this spot before we have lost it just as fast as we gained it. We cannot let up. I know Tim Miles knows that.... The team just needs to realize and understand that one loss at home, will end it all fast.

Those already penciling us in the Dance need to realize that, just as any game remaining on the schedule is winnable, so too, is it imminently losable. Starting Thursday!

Exactly. When we have been in this spot before we have lost it just as fast as we gained it. We cannot let up. I know Tim Miles knows that.... The team just needs to realize and understand that one loss at home, will end it all fast.

I don't think I know of any Husker fans that are losing perspective. We have been fans of a program that has lost enough games over the last 10-15 years to know we can easily lose games. But.....it's fun dreaming anyway.

I don't think I know of any Husker fans that are losing perspective. We have been fans of a program that has lost enough games over the last 10-15 years to know we can easily lose games. But.....it's fun dreaming anyway.

Exactly, what's the worst that can happen? The same thing as the last 15 years? Get excited, go to the games, and make it crazy in there. Excitment is contagious. Who knows when we will even be this close again.

Exactly, what's the worst that can happen? The same thing as the last 15 years? Get excited, go to the games, and make it crazy in there. Excitment is contagious. Who knows when we will even be this close again.

Certainly didn't mean to suggest we shouldn't keep the excitement/energy/enthusiasm/chatter/ etc. Sorry if I gave off that perception.

I was more worried about fans who haven't rode this coaster for all these years of BAD basketball (I've had season tix for more than 25 years and have seen and felt the disappointment along with everyone else).

Someday, when we have rosters of talent equal to our peers, then I too, will probably go ahead and "expect" all to continue to go well. Until then I dread questions such as "what's the worst that can happen" because we've found ways to achieve that dubious answer. :unsure:

However, having said that, I think the difference today is Miles. I've been so impressed with him since his opening presser. I think he is a unique fit for Nebrasketball and will be the guy to make it happen.

If this is the closest Nebraska ever gets to the tourney under Tim Miles I will be utterly shocked. That being said, rock the bank!