Kick/Punt Returner

So who do you guys think will be our kick/punt returner next year.

Some of options that come to mind are Ameer but he'll be starting and I don't think well use him on special teams. Kenny Bell looked good at kick returner last year so I could see him their. But who's opposite of him. And at punt returner. Newby, Kalu, Irons, Turner, Pierson-El, Westerkamp, and maybe Stewart with his speed. Those are the names that I can think of. That's all I can think of so include anybody I forgot. WE NEED TO FIND SOMEBODY WHO DOESN'T FUMBLE.

I fully believe we recruited 1 or 2 guys to specifically handle punt returns. We'll see how they do when they get here.

It would be nice, if not only do they hold on to the ball, but if they get some decent returns as well. Maybe take a couple to the house!

I believe we're 10-15 less turnovers and solid special teams play away from a championship baby! Change those things and see you in the playoffs!

We don't really set up returns, and we don't sell out to block kicks, we just kind of run around out there with no purpose. Just put a guy back there that can fair catch or get the hell out of the way when the ball is inside the fifteen yard line. Unless of course our special teams decides to actually become an effective part of the football team, then maybe you change some things. Right now we just need a guy back there that won't contribute to the problem. Last year, we contributed nothing special teams wise as far as punting or punt returns.

Pierson El

I'd go with that or Turner...guess we'll find out in a few months. I'm more concerned with developing a strategy that actually incorporates blocking for whoever is back there, so, you know...the returner might actually be able to run for a yard or two.

Pierson El

I'd go with that or Turner...guess we'll find out in a few months. I'm more concerned with developing a strategy that actually incorporates blocking for whoever is back there, so, you know...the returner might actually be able to run for a yard or two.

This. I mean if we don't block for a return, let's at least try punt block. Sheesh.