so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

I think the talent level is about as high as its been in awhile aside from Bo's first years with Callahans talent. I expect Nebraska to out perform the 9-4 standard we have established here. To me, the weak schedule last year would have been the year to exceed expectations, then Taylor's injury threw a wrench in that. I just want to see one season where we feel we have the talent to succeed, the coaching staff to succeed, and nothing happens within the season that again gives us an excuse for underperforming. Last year obviously, Martinez's injury was quite a valid reason. It seems we have something come up every season prior to that though, some reason we just couldn't get over the hump. Could this be the first season it all comes together? Or will inexperience at Secondary be a valid reason for 4 losses again? What can the excuse be this season?

I listen to at least 8 hours per day of sport talk, . . .

8 hours?! Well, then. Your finger must be right on that pulse. Personally, I'm relieved. I thought that we might be stuck in purgatory for awhile but you've reassured me that Pelini can get it done. Thanks.

I'll be here. Let's talk about what your talk radio was worth next December, eh?

(Your 8hrs comment is my new favorite. Thanks 74.)

• Fire 3

I used to listen to XM that much, loved Arute and Leach. Finebuam was the funniest stuff I have ever heard on the radio. A little different now though. I am on the road a lot so there are days that I listen to it that much. I loved the week after Bama lost to Oklahoma. The QB was no good, Saben was concentrating on the Texas job too much, and we think we have entitled fans.

Finebaum is a smart man. Some call him a homer, but he knows what is going on in football, and will jump on the winner instantly. Love his interviews with Brando and Herbstriet.

I think Eichorst opting to only give Bo his minimum raise with no contract extension is telling. He's far, far, far more in the know than Sipple and Benning ever will be. Their opinion on potential coaching candidates isn't going save Bo's job. Nor do I have any reason to believe they have the same people (or person) in mind as the actual athletic director.

Bringing home some hardware would save his job, but I think most of us realize that's probably not going to happen. Although, I think most would agree it would be the ideal scenario for the program.

If the ideal scenario doesn't come to fruition, it's best to keep your options open, regardless of naysayers like Sipple and Benning.

Fair enough and I don't disagree, but if you don't think that feelers were put out for someone better last fall then I'd disagree.

Doesn't have to be better than them. It just has to be better than the current person.

True. But again, I've asked for a realistic replacement that would be better, and yet nobody can name that person.

8 hours?! Well, then. Your finger must be right on that pulse. Personally, I'm relieved. I thought that we might be stuck in purgatory for awhile but you've reassured me that Pelini can get it done. Thanks.

Cool. First, please show me where I said that Bo will lead us any farther than what he already has.

I realize that you can't understand this, but at least my opinions are formed from 1) history and 2) people that currently have a helluva lot of more insight to college football than probably anyone on this board. Not by parroting random message board guy or from some pie in the sky ill informed opinion about the appeal and status of the program.

#9 wins :thumbs

#Imarepublicanbutibecameindoctrinatedatcollegenowispoutleftisttalkingpointsfrommsnbcandcnn#indepentthinking

No one can name that person because nobody can guarantee anyone will be better. Well, i should not say i cant guarantee anyone would be better. There are some guarantees, but few. We only know what we have now, and what we wish we had. I think this point has been rehashed multiple times. Now if you want people to start naming coaches they " think" can do better, then hell, I could get a pretty strong list for you going right now. But why waste my time, I've seen the counter argument for that on this board a hundred thousand times already. We don't know how any coach would do. The excuses for why nobody could do better than Bo would flow out of the Bolievers asses that frequent this site like Carlitas enchiladas in Scary Movie.

Bo is the head coach.....until he isn't. Then we see who can and can't do better. Thats why you don't get your huge list of names.

• Fire 1

No one can name that person because nobody can guarantee anyone will be better. Well, i should not say i cant guarantee anyone would be better. There are some guarantees, but few. We only know what we have now, and what we wish we had. I think this point has been rehashed multiple times. Now if you want people to start naming coaches they " think" can do better, then hell, I could get a pretty strong list for you going right now. But why waste my time, I've seen the counter argument for that on this board a hundred thousand times already. We don't know how any coach would do. The excuses for why nobody could do better than Bo would flow out of the Bolievers asses that frequent this site like Carlitas enchiladas in Scary Movie.

Bo is the head coach.....until he isn't. Then we see who can and can't do better. Thats why you don't get your huge list of names.

Don't disagree except for the guarantees, there are no guarantees, see 2003.

So, how about we end the whole lame ass #9 win thing right now?

I agree. Come on Bo, let's end the whole #9 wins thing.

Due to an inexperienced coaching staff, we ended with 9 wins last year when we could have had 10 or more. All it took, was a couple changes in the UCLA and Minnesota game, and the whole season could have been different. Its completely up to Bo to put his big boy pants on and make these changes if his assistants can't.

Cool. First, please show me where I said that Bo will lead us any farther than what he already has.

I realize that you can't understand this, but at least my opinions are formed from 1) history and 2) people that currently have a helluva lot of more insight to college football than probably anyone on this board. Not by parroting random message board guy or from some pie in the sky ill informed opinion about the appeal and status of the program.

#9 wins :thumbs

#Imarepublicanbutibecameindoctrinatedatcollegenowispoutleftisttalkingpointsfrommsnbcandcnn#indepentthinking

What? :hmmph

I think for Bo this is a make or break season for him. If he can't atleast stop the multiple loss blowouts i do think he will be shown the door. We know he can do better. 2010 we had no blowout losses, 2009 only one. This is Bo's 7th year. If we suffer multiple blow out losses again this year, it would be the 4th year in a row. If he can't get the blowout losses to just 1 game this year or preferably 0, unless it's about money, i don't know how any proud program could keep this kind of coach even if he is winning.

I think for Bo this is a make or break season for him. If he can't atleast stop the multiple loss blowouts i do think he will be shown the door. We know he can do better. 2010 we had no blowout losses, 2009 only one. This is Bo's 7th year. If we suffer multiple blow out losses again this year, it would be the 4th year in a row. If he can't get the blowout losses to just 1 game this year or preferably 0, unless it's about money, i don't know how any proud program could keep this kind of coach even if he is winning.

If he wins 9 games, you just can't fire him, unless you already have a worthy coach willing to come here before hand. No coach would want to go to a school that you HAVE to win 10+ games every year to keep your job. I agree with the blowout losses, 100%, but his make it or break it thing, is more of a "make it competitive and quit embarrassing NU on national television". The only game we had, in my eyes, that was a blowout last year, was UCLA. Some say Iowa, but there is no way you could really believe we had that game in the bag with the position we were in. When they said RKIII was starting and TA wouldn't be playing due to an injury, I just went to support. I told so many Iowa fans that it was going to be a struggle for us because of the depth issues we had.

• Fire 1

If he wins 9 games, you just can't fire him, unless you already have a worthy coach willing to come here before hand. No coach would want to go to a school that you HAVE to win 10+ games every year to keep your job. I agree with the blowout losses, 100%, but his make it or break it thing, is more of a "make it competitive and quit embarrassing NU on national television". The only game we had, in my eyes, that was a blowout last year, was UCLA. Some say Iowa, but there is no way you could really believe we had that game in the bag with the position we were in. When they said RKIII was starting and TA wouldn't be playing due to an injury, I just went to support. I told so many Iowa fans that it was going to be a struggle for us because of the depth issues we had.

I think the problem Pederson had when he fired Frank is that i don't think he made the right argument for firing Frank. If Frank had off the field issues he should have pushed that hard to other potential coaches instead of making it about surrendering the Big 12. Coaches would have been more sympathetic and would have understood. Now if Eichorst does fire Bo he should make it about the multiple blowout losses, the way he acts on national tv, the constant theme of fumbling, etc. I don't think that any coach would disagree about that. Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

2 of those 5 games are huge. Fresno St, who only had the season they did last year, losses their elite QB. Its not going to be easy for them to get a guy in and do what they did.

Miami, look at their record last year. The only thing that would worry me about this team, is how much exposure there is going to be and it getting to the players. Letting it be a bigger game than it should be. (IE Texas game)

Michigan St, they just amaze me with how up and down they have been and then win the Rose Bowl. I don't believe they were elite, but they are good enough to be concerned about.

Wisconsin, they lose a ton of starters and have a lot of shoes to fill. They lose some key OL, LBers and TE's. A lot to account for, but Anderson is a good coach and they will be competitive.

Iowa, until they can show they can replace their whole experienced, big and physical defense, I am not concerned. They replace all 3 starting LBers, Safely, a DL, DB, a few OL and a very talented TE in Fiedorowicz. Just too many keys to their success last year that will be missing. That, and they don't even know who will be their starting QB, once again.

Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

2 of those 5 games are huge. Fresno St, who only had the season they did last year, losses their elite QB. Its not going to be easy for them to get a guy in and do what they did.

Miami, look at their record last year. The only thing that would worry me about this team, is how much exposure there is going to be and it getting to the players. Letting it be a bigger game than it should be. (IE Texas game)

Michigan St, they just amaze me with how up and down they have been and then win the Rose Bowl. I don't believe they were elite, but they are good enough to be concerned about.

Wisconsin, they lose a ton of starters and have a lot of shoes to fill. They lose some key OL, LBers and TE's. A lot to account for, but Anderson is a good coach and they will be competitive.

Iowa, until they can show they can replace their whole experienced, big and physical defense, I am not concerned. They replace all 3 starting LBers, Safely, a DL, DB, a few OL and a very talented TE in Fiedorowicz. Just too many keys to their success last year that will be missing. That, and they don't even know who will be their starting QB, once again.

well with the way we play down to our opponents can't take any game for granted.