so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

To think that we are head and shoulders above the rest is to not acknowledge the changes that have been brought about by mega conferences, tv deals, and scholarship limits......just to name a few of the things that have had the heaviest impact. This began affecting Nebraska with the formation of the Big 12. And the first year of the Big 12, during our 5 year run.....we seemed to have an issue winning the conference that season.....even with our talent and coaching.

• Fire 1

To think that we are head and shoulders above the rest is to not acknowledge the changes that have been brought about by mega conferences, tv deals, and scholarship limits......just to name a few of the things that have had the heaviest impact. This began affecting Nebraska with the formation of the Big 12. And the first year of the Big 12, during our 5 year run.....we seemed to have an issue winning the conference that season.....even with our talent and coaching.

Ha. At least you aren't grabbing a small sample size there.

Bottom line is this. Alabama hired 23 guys to fill recruiting only positions. Bo had to fight tooth and nail to get two. f'ing 2. That pretty much says all that needs to be said.

An open-records request by The Tuscaloosa News for a list of UA employees tasked solely to football revealed 24 non-coaching personnel, not including graduate assistants, set to earn an aggregate total of $1.6 million this year.

http://www.tuscaloos.../NEWS/130429991

So 23 out of 24 non-coach employees tasked solely are recruiting only? Yeah . . . I don't think that's correct.

Bottom line is this. Alabama hired 23 guys to fill recruiting only positions. Bo had to fight tooth and nail to get two. f'ing 2. That pretty much says all that needs to be said.

An open-records request by The Tuscaloosa News for a list of UA employees tasked solely to football revealed 24 non-coaching personnel, not including graduate assistants, set to earn an aggregate total of $1.6 million this year.

So 23 out of 24 non-coach employees tasked solely are recruiting only? Yeah . . . I don't think that's correct.

So I was a tad bit off in my description. Bet you can bet your ass the main priority is recruiting though.

Regardless........

Get with the program or get out of the way.

Regardless........

How does Nebraska's recruiting staff compare to the rest of college football, outside of Alabama?

Carlfense, it has been stated on Finebaum numerous times the total is really around 60. Saben has come up with titles to hide them, actually got in a little trouble over it and cut the number slightly. this has been discussed on his show many times. Supposedly most in the SEC are following his lead. Not a level playing field, and if Nebraska wants to win and compete for recruits, it is going to require the rules to be changed or Nebraska to do the norm.

Regardless........

How does Nebraska's recruiting staff compare to the rest of college football, outside of Alabama?

How do our expectations compare with the rest of college football outside of Alabama? Do we want to be back to that level or not? Money plays a big part in championships now. We gotta do more, regardless of the coach. A lot more.

So I was a tad bit off in my description. Bet you can bet your ass the main priority is recruiting though.

Regardless........

Not really . . . think of the administrative overhead involved with a major college football program. Frankly, I'm surprised that it's only 24 non-coaching personnel.

How do our expectations compare with the rest of college football outside of Alabama? Do we want to be back to that level or not? Money plays a big part in championships now. We gotta do more, regardless of the coach. A lot more.

I'll set my sights on winning the conference first, since we've yet to do that in Pelini's tenure. So, how do we compare to the rest of the conference? This is a genuine question, I don't know the answer or care to spend the time needed to find out. But since everyone is complaining about our lack of recruiting staff members as compared to one specific school, I thought I'd ask about the schools we actually compete with on the field.

Carlfense, it has been stated on Finebaum numerous times the total is really around 60. Saben has come up with titles to hide them, actually got in a little trouble over it and cut the number slightly. this has been discussed on his show many times. Supposedly most in the SEC are following his lead. Not a level playing field, and if Nebraska wants to win and compete for recruits, it is going to require the rules to be changed or Nebraska to do the norm.

I don't doubt that the big SEC schools are doing everything possible to bend/break the rules. In fact, I'd be quite surprised if they weren't behaving badly.

That said . . . this excuse making is sad. Take off the blinders people. :hmmph

Regardless........

Not really . . . think of the administrative overhead involved with a major college football program. Frankly, I'm surprised that it's only 24 non-coaching personnel.

Youre right, but we may talking of different personell. I'm not talking about your typical administrative type guys like director of operations and such. These are additional folks on top of that. Youre better at this stuff than I am. You'll probably find in a matter of minutes each one and their exact duties, but the bottom line remains, we're way behind the tide (literally and figuratively) here.

I'll set my sights on winning the conference first, since we've yet to do that in Pelini's tenure. So, how do we compare to the rest of the conference? This is a genuine question, I don't know the answer or care to spend the time needed to find out. But since everyone is complaining about our lack of recruiting staff members as compared to one specific school, I thought I'd ask about the schools we actually compete with on the field.

You pretty much made my point for me. Even if we're on par with the programs we're actually competing with, is it enough?