so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

@74Hunter 1. It's not as well known as you think. I think he and Perlman may not get along, but I "know" nothing of it, nor do I know ow it affects Bo's abilities to coach his football team.

2. I agree about the recruiting staff. There's no reason we shouldn't have an entire staff committed to recruiting if the NCAA made it within the rules.

3. I don't know of the private planes situation. Is Bo given any less access than other coaches? Other Unicersities use private planes at will? "All the things against Bo at Nebraska" includes not being able to fly privately anytime he wants? I would venture to guess as restricted as you or Bo thinks he is, he's still got it better than many.

4. ADSE not speaking hurt the program? In what way? Bo kept his job? This hurt? This recruiting class is being praised by any and all experts as a B to B+ rating. Lots of folks saying this was a highly successful recruiting class. So explain to me how much this hurt us? Again, I believe Eichorst not giving wheels to a bunch of talk was a wise choice. Regardless of what his decision would have been. He needs not explain himself to anyone.

5. In your opinion, the assistants salaries are not sufficient? Are they not doing well comparatively? I see no way this is a clear shot across the bow?

I understand where you're coming from if these points are true, but sadly I don't think they are. Fact is, nobody will convince me Nebraska should lower their expectations. Tis devotion to Bo over Nebraska baffles me. This program was here before and will be after. We were highly successful before Bo and there's no reason the excuses for failure would be so abundant right now. Not that Bo has failed.......he just hasn't succeeded either. Given our strenght of schedule, the talent in the roster, all things combined, I'd say we are mediocre. Is Nebraska a mediocre program? Is this the expectation? Not for me, but for some it appears so. So for those of you happy with where we are, good for. I think we can be better. I don't think there's any valid reasons we can't be better. If/when Bo wins the Big one, will it be because he overcame all these horrible insufficiencies he deals with at Nebraska or because he finally met the standard at Nebraska?

To paraphrase what SIp (btw, I don't really care for him) and Damon said, it was more along the lines of the entitled fans that think that we could have pulled Franklin, Smart, Peterson, etc. Essentially, they said that the Nebraska fans really need to slow their role in thinking how awesome of a job this is and how easy it would be to get an established great coach to come here. It started with Pedey, and hasn't ended since. Right now, we don't have a good name in the coaching circles, and the entitled, whiney #9wins fans don't help the situation at all. Fire a guy that wins 70% of his games (again), and just see what you're going to get.

If you fire a 70% win coach who hasn't won a CCG in 10 years, its expected (saying if we give Pelini time). If we were to have fired him after this season, I don't think it would have hurt us that bad, with all the debacle on the field and the audio tape. Fire him next season with 9 wins, and he kept his nose clean, then we could have issues. By the end of contract, win one or be competitive in one. Stop embarrassing the program on national television. Stop your tyrants on the sidelines.

To the underlined part, fans never have anything to do with a coach deciding on where to go. Why you might ask? Every major fan base has fans just like the ones we have. Its time for people like you who don't think this, to take your blinders off. Get over this stupid excuse on why we couldn't get a good name coach. Why can't we get one? Pederson. That is why. I think its fading, but these (most) coaches were around when the Solich deal went down, and its still a sour taste in their mouth.

If we were to hire any of the coaches you named, this program would take a step forward. Just getting one of those guys, our recruiting would be top 20. Kids want to play for those guys, because they have gotten one thing Pelini hasn't (besides conference championships), positive national exposure.

As far as Pederson, I strongly believe (now) that we could have gotten him if we wanted. I am glad we didn't, as I don't see him as an upgrade. Eichorst believes in what Bo is doing, otherwise he wouldn't be here. We are fans, nothing more. Enjoy the ride, support whether you agree or disagree, or just stop watching.

There may be better coaches out there than Pelini. There may be coaches better than Pelini who would come to Nebraska.

There also may not be.

With agents and search firms, ADs have ways to gather this information. Eichorst is responsible for a near $100 million enterprise. It's a huge risk to fire a successful coach, so to say a better coach could be found is something those in charge of that risk seem to disagree with.

Hypothetical question.

Let's say we never hired Pelini as head coach and this season had fired this 'hypothetical coach.' Pelini takes a HC job at a program in a similar situation as us after firing BC at a BCS AQ school. He gets the same record with the same big wins/blowout losses. Would you hire him?

Is he still full of his bat sh#t crazy sideline antics?

Hypothetical question.

Let's say we never hired Pelini as head coach and this season had fired this 'hypothetical coach.' Pelini takes a HC job at a program in a similar situation as us after firing BC at a BCS AQ school. He gets the same record with the same big wins/blowout losses. Would you hire him?

I will take the 2010 Pelini from the A&M game and before over the Pelini we have now. Some of his fire has come back, but its nowhere near where it was before. The only issue I have ever had with him on the sidelines, is the Iowa game.

Hypothetical question.

I will take the 2010 Pelini from the A&M game and before over the Pelini we have now. Some of his fire has come back, but its nowhere near where it was before. The only issue I have ever had with him on the sidelines, is the Iowa game.

Neat.

It's no secret that BP doesn't get along with one of his superiors. That is a fact.

Bo? Really? He doesn't seem the type.

No kidding. But it's the superior's fault . . . because it's never Pelini's fault.

Not sure where that was ever said, but at some point, the superior has to be a man and put his personal feelings aside for the good of the program, the university, and the state.

Thanks for the straw man argument, though. Some things never change.....

@True2tRa and @HuskerNationNick

Look guys you don't have to believe me, fine. Look at what has happened and connect the dots.

Also, go listen to the podcast. These are 2 dudes that have a helluva lot more access to college football coaches than you or I ever will. They make some interesting comments on how the program is viewed by coaches that are not currently associated with Nebraska.even though you probably won't want to believe it, it's worth the listen.